Trey Blocker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trey Blocker?

His name came up as a person who is challenging Sid Miller for the Ag Commissioner. I don't know anything about Blocker but know I really don't want to see Sid Miller get another term.

What's the skinny on Blocker?

I don’t know anything about him, but as a matter of principle I’ve decided I will not vote for an incumbent in the primaries. They will never self impose term limits so we have to stop voting them in, all of them.

Comment

I know nothing but am interested in fresh blood if they are what this country needs. I know the Bush kid needs to go asap.

Comment

Former Lobbyist. We have some mutual friends but I don't know much about him...

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
          I don’t know anything about him, but as a matter of principle I’ve decided I will not vote for an incumbent in the primaries. They will never self impose term limits so we have to stop voting them in, all of them.
          Just a thought, the incumbent may be the better choice than the one or ones running against him.

Comment

Kathaleen Wall shoots guns! She's just like us!

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
              Just a thought, the incumbent may be the better choice than the one or ones running against him.
              To a point, but live in the swamp long enough, be that local, county, state or federal swamp, you are bound to stink like the swamp. And let’s face it, it is almost impossible to beat the incumbents. This is about practicing voting for new blood. And worst case scenario, if the new blood is worse than the old, but this practice is widely adopted, they won’t be there long enough to do much damage

Comment

To a point, but live in the swamp long enough, be that local, county, state or federal swamp, you are bound to stink like the swamp. And let’s face it, it is almost impossible to beat the incumbents. This is about practicing voting for new blood. And worst case scenario, if the new blood is worse than the old, but this practice is widely adopted, they won’t be there long enough to do much damage
                I have always tried to vote for who I believed to be the best person for the job.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
                  I have always tried to vote for who I believed to be the best person for the job.

Now why would you do something crazy like that?

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                    Now why would you do something crazy like that?
                    I know, just call me crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post

How is that working out for you with career politicians?

Comment

This is exactly where I'm at... I've been voting the same way for waaaaaay to long.. I'm still disappointed..
                        Insanity..

Comment

How is that working out for you with career politicians?
                          Well I honestly can't recall many names but one that I do know that I voted for when he was a challenger and as an incumbent is Ted Cruz. If you aren't voting for who you think is the best person for the job then I can't help you.

Comment

Yeah, I usually do that at the local level but sometimes the other choice is so unpalatable that I have to vote. Case in point was one of our councilmen. My wife and I worked with him in leadership of a Cub Scout Pack and he wanted to call all the shots. Caused a lot of friction that shouldn't have happened.

I voted for him in the last election. He became the Mayor Pro Tem before getting a DUI and resigning as the Mayor Pro Tem but still on the council.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                              Kathaleen Wall shoots guns! She's just like us!
                              It's Texas, doesn't everyone shoot guns? Even Anne Richards did.

Comment

Working...
                              X