No announcement yet.

What do you think of this buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in the same county as you and these bucks look like brothers. I'll have to dig for another front on pic and show you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by BIG BONE; 12-11-2020, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG BONE View Post
      I'm in the same county as you and these bucks look like brothers. I'll have to dig for another front on pic and show you
      [ATTACH]864891[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      Sweet!!

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK View Post
        Makes you wonder how many cull bucks taken that could have actually turned into a trophy deer. Thanks for sharing
        This is exactly why we got away from cull hunting on our place and only hunt off of age. Seems to be working. There are obviously exceptions both ways though

Comment

Looks like he's about finished out, any ideas on what he'd score? I'm thinking mid to high 140s. He has around 6" coming off the back of his base that is hard to see.
          Attached Files

Comment

I would say he is in the upper 150's to maybe 160 now. He should make the 160's if he keeps on growing. I gave him around 18"-20" of NT.

Comment

Originally posted by texashunter56 View Post
              I would say he is in the upper 150's to maybe 160 now. He should make the 160's if he keeps on growing. I gave him around 18"-20" of NT.
              How old do you think he is?

Comment

He appears to be post mature to me but is one of those bucks that is hard to judge in some of the pics.

Comment

Who cares, just kill it. If his antlers are that inconsistent then give him a dirt nap

Comment

156 2/8"

Comment

So cool! I have no self-confidence in ageing bucks in the summer, obviously not a youngster and I don't think ancient, but I'd have a hard time killing a deer that put on that much growth in 1 year while also being fuzzy on age. If he makes it to the end of October and you get more photos, I'm much more after they fill out.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiley64 View Post
                        Who cares, just kill it. If his antlers are that inconsistent then give him a dirt nap
                        I care lol that's why I'm asking, nothing wrong with wanting to get an idea of how old a buck is.

Comment

Originally posted by texashunter56 View Post
                          He appears to be post mature to me but is one of those bucks that is hard to judge in some of the pics.
                          Think more pics would help? I have broadside pics from both years

Comment

Originally posted by Apretz View Post
                            Im pretty sure its the same deer, he has the same mark on his front leg and he runs with the same buck he ran with all last year.
                            Originally posted by Apretz View Post
                            Lookin better every day
                            WOW that's awesome!! I looked and looked trying to find something to tell us that was the same deer and couldn't! Awesome job and as others have said I think you have him pegged! That will make you second guess culling deer! Age is the only way to go but its hard when you have multiple people on a paying lease. Awesome post man! Thanks

Comment

lookin good

Comment

I shot a deer very similar to it last year and he went 157" and I was very tight with the tape.

Comment

Working...
                                X