Brazos Bend SP - GDE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brazos Bend SP - GDE

Got lucky after 16 yrs and got drawn for the gun deer either sex at Brazos Bend State Park, anyone that has hunted there willing to share some tips it would be much appreciated. Only have a couple of days of hunting in assigned blind to make it happen, at this rate another sixteen years and I may be too old to pull a trigger.

Like you said, you will have to hunt the blind you're assigned to. There are a lot of deer there including some good bucks.

Good luck.

Comment

Take marshmallows!

Comment

Not much in the way of tips, there are deer everywhere and a good number of hogs but mostly nocturnal. All you can do is hope that they put you in a good spot.

If you've never been, try to reserve on of the cabins and take some fishing gear. Unless you're planning to drive home each night.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
          Take marshmallows!
          Marshmallow's ?
          Have not tried that one myself.

Comment

If they still use the rolled-up cattle panel blinds with burlap bring you a big camo or dark colored umbrella if the weather calls for rain. And depending on where they situate a given blind you might see about setting it back off the road a bit against some trees or in the bar ditch. If you leave it on the road big bucks can easily pick your silhouette out through that burlap on a gravel road...ask me how I know.

Lots and lots of deer out there but it's a population control hunt so don't hold out for the big one and go home with nothing. Have fun and good luck!

Comment

Thanks, meat in the cooler and I'm happy. The freezer has been without sausage for several years now.

Comment

Originally posted by Lethal Injection View Post
                Thanks, meat in the cooler and I'm happy. The freezer has been without sausage for several years now.
                Some monsters in there. If you have another place to get meat hold out. You could kill a really good one. Never know.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                  Some monsters in there. If you have another place to get meat hold out. You could kill a really good one. Never know.
                  Good to hear, hopefully it works out. Also by your screen name hopefully I can give you some business.
                  Last edited by Lethal Injection; 10-02-2014, 03:19 PM. Reason: Sp

Comment

Working...
                  X