String stop,, remove whiskers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

String stop,, remove whiskers?

If I put a String stop on my DXT should I remove my cat whiskers or will they help give me an even more quiet shot?
    Last edited by Aggiebow88; 09-07-2011, 09:49 AM.

do not remove

it help makes it more quiet but on multiple bows by different manufacturers i found that you still need something on the string to deaden the sound.

Comment

i put a string stop on my dxt and the archery shop took the cat whiskers off because they said it didn't need them now BS... that bow was way loud but with the combination of the stop and the whiskers it was a fairly quite bow

Comment

I kept my leeches on.

Comment

I have both. In fact, the bow shop put cat whiskers on after I had the string stop and said it should make it more quiet (and it has... and I was not charged for those of you thinking sales will say anything to get you to buy something ).

Comment

I'd say keep them on

Comment

Leave them on. Every little bit helps

Comment

cut them cat whiskers off and get some monkey tails!

Comment

Thanks all, I assume whiskers are still the silencer of choice?

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiebow88 View Post
                    Thanks all, I assume whiskers are still the silencer of choice?
                    They are my choice... the leeches stay together pretty well but the tails and other stuff like that break apart and fall off too quickly for me.... where as the whiskers are still on when the string needs changing!

Comment

I prefer the leeches myself, but I have tails right now on my MR7.

Comment

I have a string stop and whiskers. The pro shop I use trim the whiskers down to a 1/2 dollar size circles.

Comment

I actually just added some very small whiskers to my Elite Judge which came stock with a string stop. There was a noticeable difference in quietness after I put the whiskers on. The slight "thunk" was gone afterwards.

Let's do work son!!

Comment

My bow is pretty quiet but I've been thinking about putting some small.whiskers on it just to see if it makes a difference.

Comment

I will be adding whiskers now.

Comment

Working...
                              X