No announcement yet.

San Saba Ranch / ABC ranch / www.sansabaranch.com a bad review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have a good time and you'll tell your friends ... have a bad time and tell the world!

This guy doesn't have any idea how much potential business he just lost!

Thanks for the report, Erik.

This would have been a better story if you woulda let Lee go Burnadell on his arse, but ya'll are both better men for walking away!

Comment

Wow, glad you posted that up though I would have done it in the campfire and let the mods move it so that your story reached more TBHers..

Well, you have more class than me.. I can't stand a shirley bartender!

Comment

Wow.

Glad you fellas made the best of it.

Comment

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!!!!

Comment

Wow, I commend you for handling the situation like you did.... And thanks for putting the story out here for all to see....

I can guarantee that I will never book a hunt with this place and will discourage everyone I know about it as well....

Comment

Originally posted by jim0149 View Post
              Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!!!!
              This idiot knows a lot of people.....

Comment

The biggest thing that stuck out in my mind was the landowners unwillingness to make the situation right. I understand that sometimes things get said and we regret them soon afterwards when we see they really angered whoever we made that comment to. Lord knows I have ran my mouth when I shouldn't have, but the fact that they showed no remorse for the comments they made is what really angered me. We gave them every chance to make the situation right and they refused to do so.

As we all loaded up into the truck on our way out of the gate, the landowner once again pulled up to our camp and he didn't even have the spine to look up at us. He kept his head down and walked to the front of the camp.

This coupled with low hog numbers and the fact that the landowner kept pushing us to let his dogs "practice" running hogs duriing the time we paid to bowhunt his property made for one of the worst hunts I have ever been on.

Luckily I was with good people which salvaged what would have been a terrible weekend otherwise.

Comment

Thanks foro the Report Erik. Glad Lee didnt go all Rambo on the guy. Sorry that happened to yall and I will remeber this anytime anyone asks me about doing a day hunt.

Comment

This really sucks, but thanks for getting the word out about this idiot.

Comment

Wow, very sorry to hear! Y'all handled it very well, not sure if I could have kept my cool. He doesn't know how much potential business he has lost.

Comment

Sounds like the owner needs to find another business to get into. Maybe open him up a bar or something. Unacceptable behavior.

Comment

sorry this happen to yalls hunt, but glad to see yall stick together and leave, and not get so mad yall went fist a cuffs with them fellas,

Comment

nothing worse than paying to go somewere and getting mis treated, and the owner/owners do absolutly nothing about it. Just makes you wounder what there really thinking sometimes.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. I'm not much on the day hunt places anyways. I can guarantee you I will never be on this place. Sorry for the bad luck.

Comment

Hmmmmmm, I wonder if this is the same dude that's running hogs on our lease? (which I'm not happy about).

If you read his website he likes to talk about turning his dogs out a lot. That can't be good for the hunting. Thanks for the heads up men. Sorry for your bad experience.

Comment

Working...
                                X