Extreme bow hunting bracketville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extreme bow hunting bracketville

Has anyone hunted at extreme bow hunting in Bracketville? Was wondering about the size/caliber/quantity of animals and type of hunting (feeders or corned roads etc)? I have a day lease that I prefer but the animals are mostly small/young (but I still love it there), just looking for a place to go to with larger animals. Thanks!

I believe that property used to be Bowhunter Paradise, maybe someone will know for sure. I heard nothing but good things about BHP, but can't help you with this one.

Comment

I have a hunt booked with them next month. With any luck I will have a few pics to post when we get back. They have a Facebook page and post pics "fairly" often. I am sure that they are not the "biggest" trophies but the price is tough to beat.

Comment

Originally posted by the lab View Post
        I have a hunt booked with them next month. With any luck I will have a few pics to post when we get back. They have a Facebook page and post pics "fairly" often. I am sure that they are not the "biggest" trophies but the price is tough to beat.
        That's what I was thinking. But they are a little more expensive than the ranch I normally go to, so my thoughts are if the animals aren't any bigger I might as well stay with where I like to go. Then again it's always nice to see a different ranch!

Comment

I went several months ago. Saw lots of animals. Wasnt a big fan of some of their rules. However, it is their ranch and they can make whatever rules they like. They have good sized fallow bucks there, though. Decent blackbuck...

Good luck!

Comment

cajunguy88, what rules do they have? I know they have the "not in velvet" (I am not a fan of) but what else. It is too late for me as I have the hunt booked in less then a month but I would like to know what to expect. Any input would be VERY helpful. Thanks.....also how was the terrain?

Comment

Originally posted by HillJakHunter View Post
              Has anyone hunted at extreme bow hunting in Bracketville? Was wondering about the size/caliber/quantity of animals and type of hunting (feeders or corned roads etc)? I have a day lease that I prefer but the animals are mostly small/young (but I still love it there), just looking for a place to go to with larger animals. Thanks!
              Hunted it several times when it was BHP, always a great hunt with shot opportunities. There were trophies in all animals offered. Hunting then was in box blinds or tree stands. Haven't been since it changed hands. Lots of animals. I need to get back there. Just not in July, darn near killed me it was so hot...

Comment

I have hunted this ranch several times and really enjoyed it.
                Going back soon for axis buck or fallow. To me its the best bang for the buck with the quslity of animals you can get. Caleb and Bubba are good guys.

Comment

TTT....I just booked earlier today for the last weekend in December.

Hope its not a disappointment and we see some game.

Any new reports?

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntamistad View Post
                    TTT....I just booked earlier today for the last weekend in December.

Hope its not a disappointment and we see some game.

Any new reports?

I have a couple of friends going this weekend, i'm trying to get down there to join them. Either way ill let you know how it goes.

Comment

I just got back home after a super trip to Extreme Bow Hunting. I will give you the breakdown how I seen it. The Whitetail were amazing and there were a TON of them. The Sika changed my entire oppinion of them. When I went I did not think I would want to take a Sika, but after I seen my 3 4x4 I was hooked and will make a trip for one someday. The Blackbucks (what I took on my hunt) may have been a little on the small side as far as horn length but I seen several that were in full black phase. We only seen 4 Axis bucks but I would have made a shot on 3 of them if it woul have presented itself. I never had any Aoudad come around me but my hunt partner seen a total of 6 and said 2 were awesome and one other was very respectable. Several nice Dahl rams and we seen more then a few ewes. The true stars were the Fallow bucks they were what buck fever is made of. We seen several that were top of the mark and I missed my shot at a trophy. Tons of animals on every sit well worth the trip and I came from Washington state, if I lived in Texas (anywhere in Texas) I would be going back Monday and do it again. It is a fantastic hunt, great animals wonderful people and a top notch operation.

Comment

What happened to the old owner jim? Anyone know where he is or why he sold. He had a great tracking dog and used to come hekp us on occasion

Comment

Originally posted by the lab View Post
                          I just got back home after a super trip to Extreme Bow Hunting. I will give you the breakdown how I seen it. The Whitetail were amazing and there were a TON of them. The Sika changed my entire oppinion of them. When I went I did not think I would want to take a Sika, but after I seen my 3 4x4 I was hooked and will make a trip for one someday. The Blackbucks (what I took on my hunt) may have been a little on the small side as far as horn length but I seen several that were in full black phase. We only seen 4 Axis bucks but I would have made a shot on 3 of them if it woul have presented itself. I never had any Aoudad come around me but my hunt partner seen a total of 6 and said 2 were awesome and one other was very respectable. Several nice Dahl rams and we seen more then a few ewes. The true stars were the Fallow bucks they were what buck fever is made of. We seen several that were top of the mark and I missed my shot at a trophy. Tons of animals on every sit well worth the trip and I came from Washington state, if I lived in Texas (anywhere in Texas) I would be going back Monday and do it again. It is a fantastic hunt, great animals wonderful people and a top notch operation.
                          Good stuff...counting down the days here and shooting my bow more and more.

Leave for Texas in two days

Comment

Working...
                          X