No announcement yet.

Best tents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nobody!? Not a single joke!? I'm disappointed.

Comment

can't go wrong with canvas!!

Comment

Is that a box heater in the tipi with pipe out the top?
        WAY COOL !!!!

Comment

This one is from Target, I know, I know. But this is over 15 yrs old and the last one from Target was older. Best prices around! I use them 3 or 4 times a year. 10x12
          Pic of last years Texas Shoot-out.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
            Sweet set up Justin!
            Thanks!. Works perfect for 2 guys with cots and gear. Will sleep 4 easily on the ground.

Originally posted by LROSE View Post
            Is that a box heater in the tipi with pipe out the top?
            WAY COOL !!!!
            Titanium wood stove. Disassembles flat for storage/transport. It works great!

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
              Nice! I always wanted a Sawtooth from Kifaru, but that really needs two people to carry in. For a base camp, I got a 14x16 canvas tent with a large wood stove. I have come to the conclusion that I really don't need a Sawtooth now.
              Yessir. I just got an Alaknak tent for big camping/hunting trips, but when it's just me (most of my hunts) or me and a buddy the tipi is great!

Comment

[QUOTE=JustinJ;13131884]Seek Outside 8 man tipi

Sweet setup. How many nights a year you staying in there? how is it on bugs? I've been really leaning towards a floorless.

Sorry OP. Hopefully my questions add to your thread and not derail it.

Comment

If you go the tipi route, I'd go with at least an 8 man. I had a 6 man SO just like Justin's, but I got rid of it. For me, it's not big enough for car camping and too big for backpacking solo. I think a 12 man would be really nice for car camping. Make sure to get the liner if you're going to be in any humidity.

Another option is a Cabela's Outback Lodge.

Otherwise, get a wall tent. Needing that much head room is going to be a little more difficult to find.

Comment

[quote=Bleu;13131954]
                    Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
                    Seek Outside 8 man tipi

Sweet setup. How many nights a year you staying in there? how is it on bugs? I've been really leaning towards a floorless.

Sorry OP. Hopefully my questions add to your thread and not derail it.
                    last year I spent about 20ish nights over 4 trips I believe. 10ish days in Colorado, 5-6 days in west Texas, 3 days at Hagerman, 3 days at lake Meredith. Bugs are a non issue for the most part. I have nets on both doors so flying bugs stay ut as long as you keep them closed. Never had an issue with bugs coming in from the bottom. I have a half floor in mine thats nice to use to put clothes on in the morning. Liners are handy to keep down on moisture, but I haven't really gone through the hassle of putting mine in and haven't had to much of an issue.

Comment

Tarp Tent has several great backpack models. When backbpacking i was tobhave as light a pack as possible.
                      For simple camping at scout camp and state parks I have a four person Coleman I got on clearance at Academy.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl Snaps View Post
                        Mostly, I use it for a javalina Hunt I go on every February, 6 nights in a tent. It’s in South Texas, so every year the temps are between freezing and boiling, winds between nothing and hurricane.

You know, typical Texas weather.
                        I know that hunt you're talking about!

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
                        My wife and I mainly use our tent for the same thing. The Alaska Guide Model tent has never let us down. For the 2 of us we use the 6-man size. We've been down there when buddies' tents collapsed from the wind, but ours stood up fine.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabel...2.uts?slotId=1
                        X2 on this recommendation.... I've been in VERY similar weather that you referenced in another post... if i remember correctly, y'all woke up cussing, whining and moaning because "the wind was blowing too hard... y'all were cold!"..... etc, etc, etc.... sounded like a bunch of dadgum pansies!

Originally posted by Pearl Snaps View Post
                        Outbreaker,

Standing is a big factor. I’m 6’7, I’d at least like to stand up in the middle while I get dressed in the mornings. I had a Coleman that was tall enough in the middle that I could do that. Usually about 3-4 of us stay in the tent. Everybody else has gone to trailers and pop-ups.
                        you ain't 6'7".... but you like to exaggerate about things that require measuring!

Let me know if you need anything else clarified... you 6' 4" pansy

Oh and for the record fellas..... the 4 of them can fit in a 2 "person" tent.... if you get what I'm saying.... LOTS of SPOONIN' that goes on in that tent...

i guess they forget about the nylon walls....

Comment

Absolutely Love my REI Half-Dome 4

Comment

The Kingdom 8 is a really nice big family tent that I’ve had for a long time. I always thought it was the best till I tried the Kodiac Canvas tents. They will last your lifetime and worth every penny. Check the cabelas bargain cave they are in there all the time for deep discounted prices. Good luck in the hunt!

Comment

Redhoghunter

Ain’t you ever heard the saying, “what happens in camp, stays in camp”? You don’t see me blabbin’ about that time your tent blew away and you had to sleep in the outhouse.

Oops

Comment

Cabelas Alaskan are awesome

Comment

Working...
                                X