NBA Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Throwin' Darts View Post
    The Warriors have to be the most unlikeable team in the NBA. Green needs to get hit by a truck. Curry comes off as a smug little punk. I used to like Durant but not anymore. If the Nazis were playing the Warriors I'd have a hard time picking a side.
    Hell I don't watch much basketball but I was thinking just the opposite. I guess maybe since I don't follow and don't live and breathe Spurs, Mavs or Rockets or whoever and the Warriors don't beat my team to oblivion, I don't hate them.

I love Green's enforcer attitude for the team.....every team needs one....remind me of Derian Hatcher for the Stars back in their heydey. Curry is a shooting summidge and isn't a "I gotta get mines" player...I guess I miss the punk part. How can you not like KD or Clay Thompson?

I **** sure like them all for what they did to LeChoke....

Comment

I'm just glad its over and it will quit clogging up sports headlines, at least for a little while.

Bring on FOOTBALL

Comment

NBA is a joke. College ball is 10x better. They still have rules they play by and the kids flat out have heart. Not like the lil biatches who cry and whine in the NBA.

Comment

The best way I have seen it put this morning is "KD's first ring is just like losing your virginity to a paid hooker. It shouldn't count" lol lol

Comment

i like that GS was taken over by VC guys and decided to run it like a VC...where the best ideas and work ethic only (no politics, big names or silly games) survive to create the best product. Not "we've always done it this way". Its like what moneyball did to baseball. Data, improvement. Shown some serious results.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
              I'm just glad its over and it will quit clogging up sports headlines, at least for a little while.

Bring on FOOTBALL

Amen!! glad its over..

Comment

i say KD not a no 1 leader. Not a jordan or a lebron. And i think that is awesome that he could look at himself and make that assessment. He just wanted to play great ball with good people and have fun. In this day and age its hard to be that, a solid no 2. At this level its more about dealing with emotions and focus to put you to the best of yourself rather than being bigger/faster/stronger. And to make a move to not have the pressure to be a no 1 sounds week to everyone, since we're all alphas on here i applaud the effort. "sell out" maybe the echo, i think it was wise.

And i dont understand the fierce loyalty. If i was on a good lease but didnt like the people, and we didnt agree on a management program, I would leave. Same Same IMO.
                Last edited by mjbtexas; 06-13-2017, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by marshman View Post
                  I'll take the NBA of the 80s and 90s over today's anyday. Just not that much a fan of it anymore.

I agree. We were talking about this in the other thread.

Inside the paint has become a no touch zone. I gave up watching last night when Curry was on a breakaway and James and another Cavs guy were right there to stop him 5 feet from the basket. Curry ran right between them for a layup. James and the other Cav's guy didn't even try to get in his way. Neither of them even bothered to put their hands up. Pathetic.

I have no problem with GS stacking their team like they have. They all do it so no one can really complain about it. They came into the playoffs healthy and killed everybody.

Comment

I think if you want to complain you should complain about Lebron.

He only joined Miami because Wade was already there and Bosh was joining them. Then when he left back to Cleveland it was because Irving was there and Love was coming. He only goes where he can setup "super teams". Seems worse than Durant joining an already good team..

I love the Golden State story. No one heard of anybody on their entire team (except maybe Curry, but he wasn't the player he is now) until a few years ago. Because of that they had quite a bit of cash to spend when the time was right and the patiently waited. They made it to the Finals twice in a row and won one without Durant. They probably would have won this year without Durant just like they should have last year. Wouldn't have gone 15-1 though.

Curry and Durant are the only super stars on the warriors and until this year only Curry. Most teams that have been winning as of late have had 3 (Cavs, Miami, Celtics, etc.).

My only complaint was that the Warriors didn't 4-0 the Cavs. I'm glad someone from Texas got the MVP though!
                    Last edited by Deers & Beers; 06-13-2017, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Deers & Beers View Post
                      I think if you want to complain you should complain about Lebron.

He only joined Miami because Wade was already there and Bosh was joining them. Then when he left back to Cleveland it was because Irving was there and Love was coming. He only goes where he can setup "super teams".

I love the Golden State story. No one heard of anybody on their entire team (except maybe Curry, but he wasn't the player he is now) until a few years ago. Because of that they had quite a bit of cash to spend when the time was right and the patiently waited. They made it to the Finals twice in a row and won one without Durant. They probably would have won this year without Durant just like they should have last year. Wouldn't have gone 15-1 though.

Curry and Durant are the only super stars on the warriors and until this year only Curry. Most teams that have been winning as of late have had 3 (Cavs, Miami, Celtics, etc.).

My only complaint was that the Warriors didn't 4-0 the Cavs. I'm glad someone from Texas got the MVP though!
                      Not sure why you would complain about Lebron considering he is a once in a generation talent, and is exemplary off of the court like few that have come before him.

"Super Teams" are not new, and Lebron was only a piece in making the move to Miami. He was intelligent enough to know what he needed at the time, and did his part in making it happen. He went back to Cleveland and did the same thing. Took control of his own destiny, and did his best to win, which he did.

GSW are a great team. Curry and Durant may be the only superstars, but there are 4 ALL NBA players on that squad and a 6th man of the year nominee to spell them.

I enjoy what seems to be good guys, winning.

Comment

The "super team" idea is not as bad as it seems. Lebron, Wade, and Bosh in Miami was probably the best example of a "super team". Those guys pretty well got together on their own as free agents and decided to play in Miami. I know Wade was already there, but I think I remember him being a free agent at the time.

As far as Golden State and Cleveland now, Curry, Green, and Thompson were all drafted by the Warriors. Durant is the only piece they really added to the mix as a free agent. Cleveland drafted Kyrie, gave up good assets (Andrew Wiggins) to trade for Love, and brought Lebron back (who they originally drafted).

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          Hell I don't watch much basketball but I was thinking just the opposite. I guess maybe since I don't follow and don't live and breathe Spurs, Mavs or Rockets or whoever and the Warriors don't beat my team to oblivion, I don't hate them.

I love Green's enforcer attitude for the team.....every team needs one....remind me of Derian Hatcher for the Stars back in their heydey. Curry is a shooting summidge and isn't a "I gotta get mines" player...I guess I miss the punk part. How can you not like KD or Clay Thompson?

I **** sure like them all for what they did to LeChoke....
                          X2

Comment

Originally posted by Gclyde12 View Post
                            The best way I have seen it put this morning is "KD's first ring is just like losing your virginity to a paid hooker. It shouldn't count" lol lol
                            Except he's the MVP and GS lost last year. KD was the difference

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                              I'm disappointed with what the NBA has become and couldn't imagine MJ leaving the bulls to join the pistons. Kevin Durant is good enough to stay with Westbrook and add a key player and win the Championship. I was all about the warriors changing the game and winning their first championship and even changing the game in the NBA in the process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KD filled the building for years in okc while the organization refused to pay anyone to help him. Plus it's Oklahoma City, why shouldn't he have gotten out?

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                                KD filled the building for years in okc while the organization refused to pay anyone to help him. Plus it's Oklahoma City, why shouldn't he have gotten out?

Live in OKC vs SFO?????

LoL

Comment

Working...
                                X