Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bones View Post
    Kirby,

If you are across the river this weekend, deer are starting to move between 3:30 and 4:00 in the afternoons.

But you said you were in a tree, so I doubt your at the hill country property...

Steve
    I am across the river buddy. I'll be in my favorite live oak
    Thanks for the heads up on the times. I saw several deer with in range this morning until 10:00. Just could not get it done. Had to make a quick trip to Llano but not back at the ranch. A little lunch then it's back up for a long wait.

Comment

All of a sudden the clouds burned off, and wind picked up...

It has been real overcast all week. Also cooler with no wind I hope this does not change their movement much, because Ill be in the stand around 3:00 myself!

Comment

Good luck!

Clay

Comment

Man, I sure wish I could enjoy an afternoon hunt in December with out having to Worry about passing out with heat exhaustion. I don't know why I do this to myself. When I head to the woods to hunt I can't resist the urge to get in the stand. I always get in way to early on afternoon hunts. It probably would be fine if it actually felt like winter or fall.

Comment

Well bones you were right on, 3:25 and the good 8 from this morning is back

Comment

It's pretty stinking warm a a mile or two to your south too!

Have not seen any yet myself, there is another couple hours to go yet though.

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Thanks you too.

The wind seems just right, and it's enough to keep me from sweating profusely, so maybe tonight will be the night.

Comment

Deer!

Comment

Well, that didn't work as planed... Nice fat doe just came out, stuck her nose in my viddls, turned and walked away.

Comment

Well maybe she will be back soon.
                        I got nothin since the 8 left but as soon as my gun hunters feeder goes off typically a few work past me on their way over there

Comment

Blood was just drawn... I was bitten by a mosquito.

Comment

A bunch of deer, including 3 large an feisty bucks, showed. They are fussing too much and won't stand still, but one is a 4yo 8 in the low 120s. He gets another year. And they started pushing each other around again and ran all the other deer off.

Comment

Doe down!!!!

Comment

Congrats on the doe. It's been slim Pickens here and long hours in the stand as well. Glad it worked out for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X