what to do with old mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what to do with old mounts

Howdy folks, I picked up an old impala mount this weekend. the hide is pretty rough but I figured at worst the horns were worth the price to make knife scales or something else out of. Keeping it as a skull would be nice too. I'm thinking I just tear into it and see whats under the hide? Anyone ever re purpose an old mount? thanks, pete

There won't be any skull, just the cap and a Styrofoam form.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
      There won't be any skull, just the cap and a Styrofoam form.
      x2

Comment

You will probably just find some crumpled up newspaper, rags, etc. or whatever the taxidermist stuffed it with.

Comment

Originally posted by Kossetx View Post
          Howdy folks, I picked up an old impala mount this weekend. the hide is pretty rough but I figured at worst the horns were worth the price to make knife scales or something else out of. Keeping it as a skull would be nice too. I'm thinking I just tear into it and see whats under the hide? Anyone ever re purpose an old mount? thanks, pete
          You get that old mount at the Jewitt flea market?

Comment

Yep

Comment

Originally posted by Kossetx View Post
              Yep
              I offered them $20.00 for that mount, said nope. I wanted to hang the head by my neighbors feeder.

Comment

You musta softened him up because I got it for twenty. In his defense he wanted more but I didn't think it was worth more so I hung tough.

Comment

Working...
                X