No announcement yet.

2019 Select Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little old Goldthwaite is playing in a tournament in Stephenville this weekend. Only 6 teams signed up.

Comment

Wow.. did that drive suck.
      Wifes driving rest of week.

Comment

Looks awesome [emoji106]

We stopped at my buddies in East Texas, they are staying with us for the week in GS, all heading out in the morning. While my boys were getting thier "hair did" (his wife is a hairdresser) I was in the backyard taking care of some visitors... Not sure how many times I shot but 3 hit the dirt.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

We kinda took over LuLus..

Comment

Parents after this weekend I have decided that select ball is nothing but a bunch of parents that play the kiss my *** or we will leave. Parents have water down the select world because a coach does not listen to the parents and does what's best for the " TEAM"!!!!!!! If you choose a team you stick period That was your decision to pick that team. Yes I had a kid leave because I would not kiss his parents *** guess what BYE!!!!

Comment

Pretty general statement Grant.
              But youll find that in every type of league...right up to majors.

Comment

In regards to the above statement, & not trying to put my son on a pedestal I think he is a good team player. He’ll play any position & bat wherever in the order & will sit the pine and never complains. All season after every tournament he’s never complained at any time regardless how much he played or where he played. Heck he is a lefty & the coach will play him at 2nd during fielding practice & he would play that position in the game if given the opportunity. I realize there is always politics & favorites, etc...I just stay out of it & let the coach do his job. Best of luck going forward & all those still playing this summer

Comment

Parents stop thinking your kid is he only one on the team let the coaches coach period!!!!!! Stop playing the other parents and just focus on your player not the whole team. You picked that team for reason not just to kiss your *** period!! I never listen to the parents if you want to coach get a team and coach or sit back and shut up period!!!!

Comment

The Matheny Manifesto: A Young Manager's Old School Views on Success in Sports and Life https://g.co/kgs/8Wu1gx

Comment

Just remember parents if your a team jumper your player learns nothing. Yes there are times it's a bad fit, most of the time it's more the parents not the kid or the team. I'm in my 40+ years of playing and coaching and it never fails a player or parent know's more than the coach!!!! Just amazes me how many parents cry!!!!!!

Comment

**** Grant.... that kid must've really been good....

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                          **** Grant.... that kid must've really been good....
                          Yes he was pretty good 4 hole hitter playing CF and got mad over pitching and this is after he walked 5 and gave up 3 hits. I was more that willing to let him work through it, then he gives me attitude along with the parents about pulling him. Time to go big boy after cussing the coach at 13U see yea!
                          Last edited by Grant2; 06-16-2019, 08:15 PM.

Comment

I think if someone could wright a book about the select world and the complaining parents they would get rich quick. I have never seen it get so watered down with team jumpers and starting up new teams over a bunch of crybaby parents. Just amazed over how many teams break up over kids and parents complaining, if you want to complain over where your player starts or hitting in a lineup please stay at the little league level select ball is not for you!!!

Comment

I always sat in a lawn chair out past the dugouts to prevent dealing with parents. My kid has played with two organizations. Wasn’t a bad fit just he was moving to a new level. Sorry you had to deal with it but better he is gone

Comment

its pretty amazing how quickly some of these teams break up despite the kids loving the experience. 90% of complaining comes from parents and not kiddos. We've won 2 of our 3 tourneys since select ball started after the LL season ended and the the kids are enjoying each other and having a blast. Yet the team is on the verge of breaking up as its a bunch of type A parents that have never played team sports and are bitching like crazy. Sad thing is the parents aren't smart enough or too proud to realize their kids are in the hands of an mlb scout who has spent the past half decade studying how to develop young athletes for his organizations dominican operations. I feel ya on this Grant.

Comment

Working...
                                X