No announcement yet.

2019 Select Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep. Bring whoever you want and tell the kids to go beat them. You see this a lot on National travel teams. They will have a 26 man roster. Kids will rotate in and out as they pitch. Come in and do their job and leave. No issues with it at all

Comment

We won last night at like 10:30 at BBUSA after an exhaustingly hot day. My son threw a complete game and our 3B made a fantastic play to ice the 14-6 win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome job congrats!

On the other topic..
        I like bc certified and frozen rosters.
        They keep it somewhat honest..if at the least to verify age...sometimes grade wise but not really.
        If you want to have 24 kids on your roster and fly a guy in to pitch once a month..do it.. just make sure hes on the roster..

The 'pick up' kids not on the roster is just ringchasing... .which is fine..as long as you are calling it what it is.

Comment

Gage had a great first showcase weekend at the Five tool DFW kickoff. He batted .500 and had 2 big game changing doubles that were showcased in video clips on Five tool twitter:

https://twitter.com/FiveToolTexas/st...33801645793288

https://twitter.com/FiveToolTexas/st...04267465199618

The team went 4-1 losing a squeaker in the semis. We are headed to Ft Scott Kansas this week. It's going to be a fun Summer!

Comment

Congrats to all sounds like some great ball being played

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
              Awesome job congrats!

On the other topic..
              I like bc certified and frozen rosters.
              They keep it somewhat honest..if at the least to verify age...sometimes grade wise but not really.
              If you want to have 24 kids on your roster and fly a guy in to pitch once a month..do it.. just make sure hes on the roster..

The 'pick up' kids not on the roster is just ringchasing... .which is fine..as long as you are calling it what it is.
              Yep, I like frozen rosters!

Comment

i definitely see the "run what ya' brung" side and think it would have been a good chance for the coach to check a new kid out on the mound, test the "team" you have assembled and have been developing. but development seems to have been lost these days. try to think about it as a a kid, or parent of a kid, that never gets to pitch, your coach saying we gotta go find a ringer to win this last game.

and i think its different at 11u than it is in HS, showcase teams have PO's and its pretty standard practice for some of those guys to fly in and pitch one game and not be seen again. at the youth level you'd like to see more pride in the team and development of the team, IMO. but there will always be teams out there doing it, and you gotta just go beat their ***.

Comment

This weekend for the USSSA at BBUSA is going to be a joke somehow someway. A ton of teams and a lot of parents complaining I can see it now!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
                    This weekend for the USSSA at BBUSA is going to be a joke somehow someway. A ton of teams and a lot of parents complaining I can see it now!!!
                    Every weekend at BBUSA is a joke! We had the umps walk off the field in the championship game 2 weekends ago. They said time had expired and they were done. The rules clearly state that the championship games are 7 innings with no time limit. Tournament director game out and told them the same, but they left anyway. Lol Its always something!

Comment

I only have 2 more after this one and we will be on a much needed break. We won't start back up until September for the fall.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
                        Yup.. we'll be there..just to get the gs qualifier moneygrab..
                        Be interesting to see where we actually play... only two venues listed - bbusa and bld ...
                        If we get bld im going to be ******...
                        We are literally leaving on sunday as soon as Tan and his buddy (on our black team) are done..from the park to garner..
                        Bld is the opposite **** direction i need to be.
                        Last edited by systemnt; 06-03-2019, 07:47 PM.

Comment

I don't get the ring thing what's wrong with a ribbon

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post

Rings are about 100 times cooler..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                              Ribbons are for girls hair and the clintons.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                                Yup.. we'll be there..just to get the gs qualifier moneygrab..
                                Be interesting to see where we actually play... only two venues listed - bbusa and bld ...
                                If we get bld im going to be ******...
                                We are literally leaving on sunday as soon as Tan and his buddy (on our black team) are done..from the park to garner..
                                Bld is the opposite **** direction i need to be.
                                Don't worry if I know Darren he has more that BBUSA and BLD. They have put some money in West Little York and the Rac. Way to many teams for just 2 parks.

Comment

Working...
                                X