Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Target Panic!!!!!!!...there may be hope.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are many forms of target panic. I have no problem with release and follow thru..............its like 2 north poles on magnets trying to put the pin on a target..........couldn't do it. I hope this continues to work, I like shooting BT releases but dont want to use them as a crutch.

Comment

This off-season I've been working on my problem too--can't seem to put the pin on the spot and hold it there. I have been shooting 5 8-arrow rounds at 10 yards every other day for about a month, then this week I've gone to 2 rounds at 10, 1 at 15, and back to 10 for 2 more rounds. It's getting better, but I've got to try the MTA method--

Comment

Dang Kyle, you've got it bad. I hope i don't ever get it. Well I know we all have it to some degree, but I hope I never go through what I just read. I could visualize your pain if that makes any sense. Felt like a nightmare. Guess that means you explained it well. Anyways, I just bought a carter insatiable+ thumb trigger. Did you ever try one of these style releases? Maybe the bad habits you get from back tension wouldn't translate to the caliper when you are hunting. Not sure just a thought. Hope it gets better and I would give you my 2 cents worth on a caliper release, but I was doing it all wrong and Richard fixed me, so I'm sure you have heard the speech from him already. Have you been hog hunting lately and if so is the panic there with a live animal or just when you are trying to hit the dot/ring? Maybe something to look at.

Comment

I went out and put the pin on the target last night and moved off as suggested. I could not do it at first, but gradually I could actually put the pin on the target and hold it there for a second. Then move off and back on. I eventually shot three shots.

I have heard of another way to help with TP. You make a large dot (like the size of a paper plate) and stand in front of the target at 5 yards and shoot it. Then you back up and keep shooting it (over the course of several days) Until you are at 20 yards. Then you move closer and reduce the size of the dot, and do as you did before. Pretty soon you will have a very small dot that when you move back to 20 yards, you will not have any pf the problems. (worth giving it a try)

Comment

LOL..This thread would be funny if it wern't so dang true!
            TP is the most aggravating thing I have ever dealt with. It's hard to believe a bunch of grown men can't hold a little pin on a little dot. The harder I try to FORCE it there the worse it gets.

Good read!

Comment

Ok, fellow target panic inflictees. I have the answer for five of you... no more TP. It's just too much trouble to do this for a whole bunch of people. If you really want the (free) cure, I will send it to the first five pm'ing me. It's something I'll have to spend some hours doing, and will mail it to you.

I have had it to the point where I quit archery altogether for quite a number of years (likely longer than many of you have been alive), but since have found the only permanent answer I know of, and am shooting well these days.

The cure is painless, and practically immediate. No attachments, no practicing whatever, no special equipment. If it works for you, I only request you post to that effect, but I'm not interested in making money off any more TP sufferers, but rather that if it works for you, you pass it on to the next guy.

Comment

Pm sent!!!!

Comment

PM Sent

Comment

PM sent

Comment

Pm sent.

Comment

pm sent

Comment

I realize I am number 6 to PM you but interested as well if not a inconvience.

Comment

Guys - sorry for the delay, but I've been watering pecan trees all day.

Got more than five replies already. Here's hoping you can get some help. If it works for the guys I'll be sending it to, I've asked them to mention it on the forum, and maybe we can get something more going down the road. Thank for all the pm's.

Comment

Man I hope you guys get this resolved. Thank god I have never experienced this.

If I ever do - my pure and simple plan would be to KAP, KAP, KAP until it goes away.

Comment

Day 2:

Started blind again for about 5-6 shots. Went to 20yrds aimed, pulled away, aimed relaxed twice. Much easier than yesterday. Shot three arrows that had I been shooting the same dot would have destroyed 2 of them. Went to 30, shot one 3 arrow group felt "TP" creaping in and let down. Repeated same drill as I did at 20 and shot a 3 arrow group under silver dollar sized.

I just had to try 40. 3 arrows at a 8" black circle with a 2.5" white center.....all 3 shafts were touching and 2 vanes were shot OFF!

Feels better than anyone can imagine to finally see some light at the end of the tunnel...its a long tunnel.......but there is a light

Comment

Working...
                                X