Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone use an ez fletch mini with wrapped carbon arrows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trying to put blazers on some easton bloodlines (H diameter shafts) with some new wraps and it seems the ez fletch mini I have wants to bind too much in two places at each end of the arms, pinching pretty good into the wraps. It almost seems like the cavity cutout where the arrow shaft is to be is not large enough....

anyone have any insight?

TIA

I have wrapped gold tips fletched with a mini, no problems.
    It is tight though

Comment

I should have taken a pic of the damaged wrap to show what I mean....going to try with a piece of tape to see if I can show what it's doing...don't want to waste another wrap....

I did leave a piece of an old carbon shaft in there for the last few days to see if it might help

Comment

You're clamping it too tight.

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
          You're clamping it too tight.
          how do you adjust that on an ez fletch mini?

Comment

I do it on the Axis arrows. Not sure if bloodlines are thinner.

When you turn the base and it springs closed, don't push and pull to tighten it. Just let the spring do all the work. Also don't push the cap on too hard.

Comment

I don't think you can. When you put the cap on after closing the vane holders just barely put it on. If it snaps down its too tight.

Comment

A mistake I made when I first got my ezfletch was putting the notches in the cap between the arms instead of in the grooves in the arms. I don't know if you're doing that, but it can cause problems also.

Comment

I didn't push the cap down and I do pit the grooves I the arms as opposed to between....I let the spring pull the arms down then worked them in enough to get the cap on and down but not past barely snug....

Here are a couple pics with the indentations I was talking about, just about 1/4 in behind the vane
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351486476.578373.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	24134368
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351486503.137077.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	24134369

Comment

sorry bro no experience with the ez fletch. I use the bohning or blitzenberger.

Comment

Mine dent slightly...but thats only cosmetic vs. performance. You will be fine

Comment

Working...
                      X