Question for the stand builders.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for the stand builders.

What hight up from the inside floor to the bottom of the window is the best for the average gun hunter to use comfortably.

Also if you are making a window to shoot a bow out of an elevated box blind, what hight does it need to be from the floor to the bottom of the window in order to get the proper downward angle and arrow clearance.

How high is your stand going to be?

Comment

Originally posted by yanta61 View Post
      How high is your stand going to be?
      This and how far away from he feeder will the blind be? Will he blind be used primarily by adults males or women and youths? All of these come into play.

Comment

I'm tall but I always go with 40". It works just fine for my 10 yr old daughter.

Comment

For an elevated bow blind you can do a little experimenting to determine window height, which requires completing the platform first. You then climb up and shoot from the chair you are going to use, moving the target in to the spot where your closest shot will be. You can then take a measurement for how low the window needs to be for clearance on those close shots.

Comment

It will be a family size stand so there will man, women, and child will be shooting from this stand.

The floor of the stand will only be 5' from the ground and it should be an average of only a 20yrd bow shot.

Comment

The windows in most pop up blinds start at around 32" from the floor. If you are only going to be up 5', I don't think they would need to be much lower than that -unless you need to be able to shoot something inside 10 yards

Comment

For a rifle stand I go 40 inches to the bottom of the window.
                A bow stand 16 inches from the floor.

Comment

It also depends on what chairs your going to you. The last time I built a stand I sat in the chair and the picked where I wanted the window.

Comment

Originally posted by ck_powell View Post
                    It also depends on what chairs your going to you. The last time I built a stand I sat in the chair and the picked where I wanted the window.
                    Standard plush office chair

Comment

Originally posted by treestandjunky View Post
                      Standard plush office chair
                      Theres no standards for office chairs. Get the chair and set in it...

Get a pair of shooting sticks and comfortably hold the rifle where you could shoot at an agle down and straight out. Measure the height of the shooting stick.

I'm in the mid to high 30's depending chair... I'd rather it be too low and add a shooting bag than be too high and have to strain to get into the scope.

Just a heads up. Too low is fixable... Too high is no bueno.

Comment

39-41 Inches.

Comment

Have your kid sit in the chair and act like he's shooting down and measure. Id rather be to low than to high, unless you want to sit on a few phone books.

Comment

Ditto with the 39-41"

Comment

I just built one that has bottom of window at 40"

Comment

Working...
                              X