Kitchen cabinet painting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kitchen cabinet painting

We'll I didn't think about documenting this until mid way through. Started yesterday worked about 15-16 hours total so far on it and all I have left is top cabinet doors to prime/paint. Pics start half way through sorry... Oh $85 at lowes... Bottom cabinets were like top obviously lol originally and 35 years old.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376080377.663372.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	24979585Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376080392.370544.jpg
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	24979586Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376080407.538159.jpg
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	24979587Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376080424.104702.jpg
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	24979588
    Attached Files
    Last edited by EastTexasMan; 08-09-2013, 02:40 PM.

nice job looks good!

Comment

did you strip them or just start painting?

Comment

Sprayed some TSP substitute on em whiped em down. Then I sanded on them, then I primed them, then I put two coats of paint on them

Comment

looks good!!!!

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

big diff!...looks great!

Comment

And done... Bout 20 work hours by myself and $85 later... 35 year old cabinets needed it!Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376172907.111063.jpg
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	24229328

Comment

Did you use a sprayer? If so, which one? I'm in the market with the wife wanting to update paint throughout our entire house!!!

BTW- that seriously looks amazing! Great job!

Comment

We are about to do the same thing in the house we just bought.

Comment

Sprayer? I wish. I went with a roller and brush all by hand. Took me about 20 hours an I never want to do it again lol

Comment

Originally posted by ZackM View Post
                        Did you use a sprayer? If so, which one? I'm in the market with the wife wanting to update paint throughout our entire house!!!

BTW- that seriously looks amazing! Great job!
                        I have alot of painting to do too. I just ordered this Graco Sprayer. Its reconditioned, but carries the full warranty of a new one and is $100 cheaper. I asked several painters what they use. Usually, the answer is Titan is #1 but very $$$$ for DIY. Graco is #2 and is affordable to the homeowner. I've rented Graco in the past and its quality stuff, made in the USA.

This one comes with a how-to DVD that is supposed to be really good. We will see in a few days when it arrives.

Comment

Working...
                        X