Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Re: can someone help? want to save 20 bucks...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: can someone help? want to save 20 bucks...

hey all, well I just purchased one of those Truglo Tru-Lite Extreme Violet Sight Light the other day and just put it on my sight. I've took it out this weekend and noticed the top screw in part is missing now. So basically I just lost $20+ bucks. Does anyone know how I can rigg it to work? I still have the bottom peice that screws in my sight but not lost the top part when I went to the field. Thought I ask just incase anyone knows how else I can rigg it. Thanks fellas!

There goes the link to it. I just need the top part.

If you bought it at Cabelas, call them and say a piece fell off when you were hunting. Bet you they'll just mail you another one at no cost.

I think I have one in my archery tackle box I don't use anyway. I'll check, send a TBH email to me as a reminder with your address. If it's what I think, and where I think it is, I'd rather see somebody using it.

Bill

Comment

Maybe try some kind of cap screw, metirc or ASE.

Comment

The screw-in part of mine (not the piece with the lightbulb) has no shoulder, but looks similar and has an O ring inside. The light piece has 3 dead, L736 batteries. If you want it, it's yours.

Comment

Had the same problem with the one I bought a couple of years ago. It got lost on the first outing into the woods.

Look up TRUGLO on the enternet and get their phone number for customer service. Call them and tell them that you just bought the light and the top came off while you were in the field.

That's what I did and they sent me a brand new one at no charge.

Give it a try.....what have you got to loose?

Greg

Comment

What I did to keep the bottom tight to the sight frame, and to keep the cap from coming off was, I used O-rings. put one small one on the threads, and one between the cap and the body. It will pinch out of the way as you tighten the cap down, then go right back when you turn it off. It also stops any buzzing noise coming from the cap when shooting.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
              The screw-in part of mine (not the piece with the lightbulb) has no shoulder, but looks similar and has an O ring inside. The light piece has 3 dead, L736 batteries. If you want it, it's yours.
              sounds great man! Thanks! Ill try to give truglo a call today and see if they can help first if not then is that peice still available? It should if I hope.

Comment

Put it in the mail this am.

Comment

Great!

I just bought one.

Now Im gonna be worried bout it all the time!
                  Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
                  l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
                  ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
                    Put it in the mail this am.
                    Hey Thanks a lot Bill! You really saved me man!

Comment

Originally posted by Joey~AP View Post
                      Great!

I just bought one.

Now Im gonna be worried bout it all the time!
                      Yeah man the first day I took it on the field it fell off I was even making sure it was always there every few mintues, but somehow I guess while walking it fell off. I think this time I'm going to be more careful and just attach it when in use and put it up when walking and such. just FYI

Comment

Working...
                      X