Any members in Washington DC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any members in Washington DC?

I've had an emergency and there's a good chance I have to fly to DC tomorrow. the short notice plane ticket was very expensive and to make it worse I land in Baltimore.

What's the quickest and (Cheapest) way to get from Baltimore airport to the Capitol? or if anyone has that as a daily route maybe I can catch a ride!!!

Thanks in advance!

Train..............

Comment

I don't live there now, but I have lived there for four years over my career.
      There is a BWI Rail Station just northwest of the airport. I'm sure you can catch a train from there down into DC or the outskirts and transfer onto a DC Metro line.

Honestly, what I would do is rent a cheap-o car at BWI (which really isn't in Baltimore) and take the BW Parkway down into DC. Take it, then exit New York Ave/U.S. Route 50 to Maryland Ave/Route 1 and that will deposit you almost right at the Capitol. But I'm familiar with the city and can get around pretty well.

For folks who aren't as familiar, public transpo is a great option and fairly cheap. HTH.

Comment

Made the same trip you are talking about in the spring.

I rode the train from near the airport - google BWI rail station

to the main station in DC - Union Station. You can catch the metro train or rideshare from there.

Metro news and service information for the Washington, DC, Maryland, and Virginia region.

and it was fast, easy and cheap

Comment

Originally posted by flatlander View Post
          Made the same trip you are talking about in the spring.
          I rode the train from near the airport - google BWI rail station
          to the main station in DC - Union Station. You can catch the metro train or rideshare from there.
          Metro news and service information for the Washington, DC, Maryland, and Virginia region.

and it was fast, easy and cheap

Thanks!
          Do you remember how to get to the BWI Rail station near the airport? (walk, shuttle, cab,,,etc...) and what the name or the number of the train going to Union Station was?

Comment

I live about 20 minutes from BWI but I don't go towards DC often, I usually go East in the morning towards Annapolis. Here is a website I found that gives some pretty good info on the train.

This post compares the different ways of reaching Washington, DC, and Union Station from Baltimore/Washington International Airport (BWI).

If that doesn't work or you need anything at all shoot me a PM and we can figure something out.

Comment

Originally posted by ATI View Post
              Thanks!
              Do you remember how to get to the BWI Rail station near the airport? (walk, shuttle, cab,,,etc...) and what the name or the number of the train going to Union Station was?
              It's about a mile. You could hoof it, up to you, be cheap enough to get an Uber or Lyft.

I flew into BWi late on a Thursday, spent the night in a hotel close by, went to the event I had going on, then flew out directly from Reagan Airport after. Hotels are VERY expensive in DC, so I booked my trip to avoid that added expense. A train ticket was pretty cheap.

Get your train tickets here. Just enter BWI as the start and Washington DC - Union Station as the end. It was about a 30 minute ride on the express 9no stops) train.

Comment

Far and away best way is the MARC train, Penn line SOUTH. Straight from BWI to Union Station, then a 5 minute walk to the Capitol. $7 and runs pretty regular. Uber or cab will be minimum $50 and likely slower.

Comment

Working...
                X