No announcement yet.

What all do you eat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If your that hungry go kill another one there’s plenty. Leave the guts to the buzzards, coyotes and worms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Tried liver once and I’m done. Tasted like a chewy penny. And heart I’d like to try soon.

“There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.” -Fred Bear-

Comment

I’ve always grabbed the heart. Makes a great meal, especially fried for breakfast with your eggs.

Liver is decent but takes a little time to prepare. I’m a liver fan, and would rank deer liver middle of the pack.

Comment

I’m going to pass on the heart and liver. I’ve never had a liver I liked, and the consistency of the heart just seems really gross to me.

Comment

heart thats salted peppered flowered and fried is hard to beat. need 2 or 3 for a good mess though.

Comment

I soak the liver in salt water in the frig for 3 or 4 days changing the water daily. Cut it in thin strips, maybe 1/4 inch. Batter and fry. Eat with eggs and biscuits smothered in gravy. one of my favorite breakfast.

Comment

Heart is good. Liver I leave for the coyotes.

Gary

Comment

Shot a pig this morning and saved the heart,liver, and nutskis. I just cooked a slice of nutski on the griddle with bacon and it was amazing.
                  I got the idea from meateater when he made buttered buck nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                    Been watching a ton of Meat Eater on Netflix and the guy on there is all about eating the heart and liver of every animal he kills.

I haven't ever done either... I could see myself trying the heart the next deer I snag, but I dunno about the liver. Never had liver before, and don't have a desire... The liver is just a big filter for toxins. I can't imagine it being good for you or tasting decent.

So, my question to y'all... Do you eat the heart and liver? Anything else you eat?

The toxins are transferred through the liver via the blood. Bleed the liver and you remove the toxins. It doesn’t “store” toxins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Kept the heart from the last deer we killed to give it a try. Chicken fried it with some backstrap and didn’t like it enough to keep another.

Comment

I’m not a fan of organ meat except for heart. When cleaned/prepared and cooked properly it’s hard to beat. Prefer it over backstrap.
                        Deer, elk and bison heart are all good, bison being my favorite

Comment

Some folks eat brains and arseholes too....Ill just stick to meat. Yall have at it!

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                            I've eatin heart,tongue,liver and tripe. But not out of a deer. I suppose it'd taste the same out of them than it does a cow or anything else.
                            Same here. And intestines too.. Had chitlins for the first time over the holidays

Comment

Originally posted by BetramHunter View Post
                              Shot a pig this morning and saved the heart,liver, and nutskis. I just cooked a slice of nutski on the griddle with bacon and it was amazing.
                              I got the idea from meateater when he made buttered buck nuts.
                              Id try it

Sounds really good

Comment

Working...
                              X