178 ELDx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

178 ELDx

I acquired some .308 178ELDx bullets that I want to try in my 300 WBY. Since the Weatherby rifles typically have more freebore than others, I've read that the "long for caliber" bullets tend to work better since it ensures the bullet is always in contact with either the lands or the case neck when fired.

I loaded these with RL23 which I had to calculate my starting and max loads. Based off comparing RL22 and RL23 published data I determined that the RL23 loads are about .5% lower than the RL22 data.

Curious to see if anybody has feedback on their results using these in any of the .30 magnum calibers.

Will try and test them out this weekend and see how they shoot.

Originally posted by canny View Post
    I acquired some .308 178ELDx bullets that I want to try in my 300 WBY. Since the Weatherby rifles typically have more freebore than others, I've read that the "long for caliber" bullets tend to work better since it ensures the bullet is always in contact with either the lands or the case neck when fired.

I loaded these with RL23 which I had to calculate my starting and max loads. Based off comparing RL22 and RL23 published data I determined that the RL23 loads are about .5% lower than the RL22 data.

Curious to see if anybody has feedback on their results using these in any of the .30 magnum calibers.

Will try and test them out this weekend and see how they shoot.
    Please give us an update when you get done. I was looking at the same bullet for my 300 WBY. Haven't started reloading for it yet but will be soon.

Comment

Shoot them out of my .308’s with great results.
      Should be a hammer out of the 300wby

Comment

And?????????

Comment

Originally posted by flyinstroke View Post
          And?????????
          Was able to test a couple loads this weekend but ran out of time. Groups seemed to get better as velocity increased. Ended up with just under 1" @ 100. However, this out of a 8lb rifle and a not so pleasant trigger. I just ordered a Timney for it and continue to test the loads after I change out the trigger.

Comment

I am waiting on my new B&C stock to get here for my 300 Bee. Have everything else all ready to go except bullet selection. Looked over at the Weatherby Nation Forum and found a few people that have tried it but never posted any results.

Comment

Working...
            X