No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where, Tick? Which unit? Next time out I'll set some baits out .. . .

Comment

Hey granger boars, I will be able to get out sat. I am pretty sure. Maybe a little sooner aswell. Need some more dove. Lets do a whole day hunt explore, Pm me your number. I have a bunch of soured corn I want to set out along the path and maybe just maybe on teh way back we will find some piggies having a snack.I got the itch to get out bad.

Comment

Maybe friday also need to speak with the wife.

Comment

Dirtymike... Just found out I am gonna have to work Thursday but I will be out there Friday and Sat. I will be hunting sorefinger for dove and below the **** for the hogs. Ive heard the dove are flying more during the day than in the evening. I plan on dove hunting till like 4:30 then going below the dam for hogs. Let me know about Friday because I should be out there most of the day

Comment

Dang Bofly, Got Little Jake packing a Larue. Very nice!
            When we going to have another beer drinking night?

Comment

I went to my honey hole Sat. and was skunked.. Did not see anything. It's different now and I do not see pig hunting being very good this year with the rag weed knocked down.
              No place for the pigs to hide...and when/if you kick them up it's over...as they will run a long ways now.

I will try again in a month or two well after the shots die down..maybe bait an area or two. Also absolutely no place to hide a feeder this year

Comment

Pm sent Granger

Comment

Hello all,

I am new to this forum and just wannna say what's up.

I have been to Granger a couple of times to scout about a year and a half ago and now that I live in Manor I would like to start going more. I am heading out in the morning to stalk and am open to any advice on where to go and what methods work best in this area.

Thanks in advance

Comment

Might be heading back to Granger in the next couple of days to hit up some of my infamous honey holes.... will give updates and a report

Comment

14 and 15 down last night. One was a 50 pound gilt and the other about week old piglet. Shot within five yards of me as I was walking to my truck from the deer stand. The things ran right towards me. I tried to catch another piglet by hand but was clotheslined by a tree limb.
                      Last edited by gbeard; 12-31-2009, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Where were you at when you saw got them. I went out this morning in pecan grove from on the North side of the san gabriel river behind the ****, saw a lot of sign to the east and several deer but no hog.

Comment

Originally posted by apoc330 View Post
                          Where were you at when you saw got them. I went out this morning in pecan grove from on the North side of the san gabriel river behind the ****, saw a lot of sign to the east and several deer but no hog.
                          On private land out by the lake

Comment

bout to head out for doves and set some bait for hogs for this evening. See how the stank corn works

Comment

hey Dirtymike im gonna try to make it out for a little today but im not sure if im gonna be able to get away from work. Ill give you a ring if/when I head out that way. Good luck and let me know if you see some birds flying.

Comment

Baits in San Gabriel unit untouched still.

Comment

Working...
                                X