Another tipping question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another tipping question.

On a catch and release bonefishing trip where the guide is the owner and sole employee, is a tip warranted? I've never been on a catch and release type deal. Always had a deckhand or fish to be cleaned.

ive been on a catch and release bass trip in southern Louisiana in a man made marsh. I tipped 15% on trip total.

Comment

Yup 15%. The catch and release part to me doesn’t change anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Throw him and extra fiddy.

Comment

If he's lazy, don't tip. If he busts his butt, tip accordingly.

Comment

Why is tipping such a difficult Topic? Tip what you think is appropriate no matter if you're hunting or eating at a restaurant.

Comment

(Que the don't tip him because you are already paying him for doing his job crowd.. )

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
                (Que the don't tip him because you are already paying him for doing his job crowd.. )
                Wellllll, there is some truth to that. Tipping is out of control in this country.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post
                  Why is tipping such a difficult Topic? Tip what you think is appropriate no matter if you're hunting or eating at a restaurant.

[emoji817]

—————signature—————
                  ~Don’t overthink something simple~
                  ...:uptight people suck:...

Comment

If I hired someone as a guide and he was sole employee and getting the whole fee, I would not feel the need to tip. I'm sure he has his price set at what he needs to make.

Comment

Good service, I'll do 15-20%. Poor service, I've tipped as low as zero before.

With that said, if he indeed is a sole proprietor, a tip should never be expected. If he relies on tips, then he should just charge more for the trip.

Comment

Stupid question, but does anyone here tip their taxidermist? He charged for a service and he provided that service. Why give him more? Kind of the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post
                          Stupid question, but does anyone here tip their taxidermist? He charged for a service and he provided that service. Why give him more? Kind of the same thing.
                          No. You tip for service in my opinion. I don't tip at the gas station for buying goods or gas. If you are buying a product that is one thing (taxidermy is a product). If you are paying for a service that is another. Fishing guide can do the minimum or go the extra mile. That is where a tip is earned IMO.

Comment

^^^^^^

Comment

If you have never seen this movie( Reservior Dogs). Check out this clip. A different perspective on tipping.
                              Cuss words and swearing. Be forewarned.

In this scene Mr. Pink expresses his lament yet logical reasoning for why tipping in its current state is out of hand. The viewer should bear in mind that th...

Comment

Working...
                              X