Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stupid amazon (UPS, USPS, FEDEX actually)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stupid amazon (UPS, USPS, FEDEX actually)

So my wife ordered me the GeekPro 2.0, knock off GoPro. It was the package deal that came with ALL the accessories. Followed the tracking and it made it all the way to McKinney. But from there the "Distribution Center" "lost it (some ahole stole it)." At least we got reimbursed. Love Amazon Prime, but I think ordering around the holidays one should use caution.....

If you complain, I bet they will next day you another one.

Comment

I have never heard of that camera but just looked it up. Thats a heck of a deal. Have you got to use one before? Just curious if its any good. For $100 you can't beat all the options that it does.

Comment

You do realize the title of this thread should be "Stupid UPS" as the distribution center is a UPS facility. Once it leaves Amazon, there is t much they can do.

That's like blaming the grocery store because your wife burned the roast

Seems like that UPS facility has been problematic for others on here

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
          You do realize the title of this thread should be "Stupid UPS" as the distribution center is a UPS facility. Once it leaves Amazon, there is t much they can do.

Spot on and definitely lol

Comment

I have a nightmare story involving that UPS center in McKinney... It's a mess.

Comment

Agree. As an online store owner, these are the kind of problems that are 100% out of our hands, yet customers sometimes just don't understand that. As a retailer, I'm not a fan of Amazon at all for a lot of reasons, but they definitely don't deserve a thread title blaming them for this.

Not sure what's up with UPS but I've been finding that Priority Mail has been consistently beating UPS on their prices by 10-20% AND getting the packages delivered 1-2 days earlier than UPS Ground. Hard to believe I'd be standing up for the PO but I've been impressed recently.

Comment

Yes, I realized the title AFTER I hit the submit button. I will not give Amazon the blame they are the middle man. And yes I should have said STUPID UPS, or whomever delivers from the "distribution center." Non the less, still rather heated over the ordeal. Now I will wait until well after Christmas to order another one. Back in October, the same camera was $67.99. Price kept jumping the closer it got to Christmas.

Comment

Dude you aren't going to have to order another one. If it was lost in transit and no delivery confirmation exists, Amazon will replace it at no cost to you. They will take the loss out of UPS when they periodically reconcile shipping

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
                    Agree. As an online store owner, these are the kind of problems that are 100% out of our hands, yet customers sometimes just don't understand that. As a retailer, I'm not a fan of Amazon at all for a lot of reasons, but they definitely don't deserve a thread title blaming them for this.

Not sure what's up with UPS but I've been finding that Priority Mail has been consistently beating UPS on their prices by 10-20% AND getting the packages delivered 1-2 days earlier than UPS Ground. Hard to believe I'd be standing up for the PO but I've been impressed recently.
                    Have a few good words about the product you sell and company. Bought a sightmark nv scope used from this site and after few weeks it stopped working. Having no prof of purchase or warranty thought I was just sol but sent it back anyway. To my pleasant surprise about week later brand new one shows up. Great people to do business with.

Comment

Dude you aren't going to have to order another one. If it was lost in transit and no delivery confirmation exists, Amazon will replace it at no cost to you. They will take the loss out of UPS when they periodically reconcile shipping
                      Thank you sir!! I will look into this, my wife already had it refunded, so we'll see how this works out. We do have Amazon Prime and we love it. I will do some research on my end.

Comment

Yes, this!^^^

UPS is the devil sometimes. Still way better than USPS but those guys are way too overworked to focus on quality. And they drive like Buford T. Justice is in hot pursuit. 60MPH wherever they are, highway or my narrow county road.

Comment

Originally posted by robert97dodge View Post
                          I have never heard of that camera but just looked it up. Thats a heck of a deal. Have you got to use one before? Just curious if its any good. For $100 you can't beat all the options that it does.
                          I do not have any experience with this camera or a GoPro for that matter. I have done my research between the 2 cameras, GeekPro 2.0 vs GoPro. For what I gather each camera has their own pros and cons respectively. Just a matter of what you prefer. Here is my theory......Sure the GeekPro 2.0 is CHEAP, but ALL geekpro components are compatible with GoPro. If for whatever reason the GeekPro quits working after a year or so, then I will check Craigslist for a cheaper gopro. I don't care if it doesn't come with any accessories bc I already will already have them. And at that price if it works for a year of two, great! If not, oh well. I'm just looking for a camera to set up by feeder to get a reverse angle shot, of my deer hunts. Already have a decent camera to sit in tree stand/popup/blind.

Comment

Amazon prime has cost me some pretty serious coin lately... Deals are to good not to buy, and their shipping/customer service has always been pretty good.

Comment

Lol BigFoot, I'm in the same boat

Comment

Working...
                              X