Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elk hunters - who's going this year and where?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elk hunters - who's going this year and where?

Not going this year but planning on it next. Going to live through your trip. Post where you're going. Doesn't have to be which unit, just what state. Curious to see how many ditched Colorado for somewhere else...

I'm with you, hoping to go next season.

Comment

Looking to go next year too

Comment

Maybe next year but probably not The year after that though it is on like donkey kong in the great state of Colorado

Comment

Colorado in t-34 days. Been shootin everyday. All geeked up ,going to a good unit but it is DIY.

Comment

I am currently in my season and hunting every chance I get...and failing miserably at it too

But hey, I'm elk hunting!

Nv-Archery Cow Elk

Comment

This year is probably my last year in Colorado. Leaving in a week. Its a good place and all but just not Montana. Last year I had a bunch of organized tree huggers walk past my stand opening morning at good water hole....ruining the hunt that day. Their sole intent was to block bowhunters. About 20 of them camp out in good bow country pretend to just be hiking. They are pretty clever, not violent, real polite but it is well known their intent. I have a place next year in Montana that holds some big bulls. Its a gnarly place, lots of griz but thats where the big ones are, where people are not. Hope yall have a great hunt this year. tick tock.

Comment

Heading to Colorado on Sept 15.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntamistad View Post
                  I am currently in my season and hunting every chance I get...and failing miserably at it too

But hey, I'm elk hunting!

Nv-Archery Cow Elk
                  Lots of folks will be putting their hunting boots on in the morning in Utah. This might be how I am in the woods next year, going after the cows/spikes in Utah right before school starts.

Comment

New Mexico Unit 17... Hunting that 400"+ bull I had within 80 yds twice last year. September 11-18. Can't wait!

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
                      Lots of folks will be putting their hunting boots on in the morning in Utah. This might be how I am in the woods next year, going after the cows/spikes in Utah right before school starts.
                      We all gotta start somewhere

Of course, I have had plenty of bulls within bow range but no cows

And here I thought a cow would be easier to get.

Comment

Colorado for me, DIY

Comment

Lord willing, I'll be in NM(private land 36)again this November with a good friend that got me hooked on elk hunting last year

Comment

My season starts Aug 24 ends sept 22 here in Oregon. I am planning on hunting as much as I can. I want to hunt the last eight to ten days for sure up in the Blue Mountains.

Comment

I will be hunting the Idaho panhandle zone Sept 14-21.

Comment

Working...
                              X