Junction lease with river frontage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Junction lease with river frontage

I've got first rights at a lease just outside of Junction. It is approximately 400 acres with Llano frontage and a small modular building with a couple of bunks that can be used. My problem is that I don't know the lease market in that particular area. Price seems steep. How much per acre?

If you are going to put a number out there please qualify whether you are taking a shot in the dark or of you are actually familiar with lease prices in the Kimble County area. Thanks guys and gals.

Depends. Water, electricity, livestock, etc? It can vary greatly. Great area though. Gonna need any spots filled?

Comment

I'd say anywhere from 2500-4000. We hunted a place last year that was 8k acres with a bunch of river frontage and a cabin and paid $2500 a spot. I've also seen places go for much more. Lots and lots of exotics out there.

Comment

be prepared for $20 acre easy.

Comment

my shot in the dark would be in the $1 per acre - $50 per acre range.

more than likely it will be in the $15-25 range.

you got it....just pull out that 10 grand and worry about the rest later

Comment

Going rate for larger ranches in that area is $8 - $12 acre. Expect higher for smaller parcels.

Watch out for $/per gun. That is how you'll overpay based on acreage and get crowded.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
              you got it....just pull out that 10 grand and worry about the rest later
              Somebody has a pretty accurate guessing hat on this morning.

I guess the one thing that is getting to me is that I'm going to have to have a hunter per 100 acres to make the price work. I know that area can handle it but that just seems tight. My family had a very large ranch in the area for many years and I hunted it alot. I know the area. I'm just used to having alot more land with the same number of hunters.

Comment

$25 per acre. That is about right for the area. Is it year round? Exotics?

Comment

Originally posted by RdRdrFan View Post
                  Somebody has a pretty accurate guessing hat on this morning.

I guess the one thing that is getting to me is that I'm going to have to have a hunter per 100 acres to make the price work. I know that area can handle it but that just seems tight. My family had a very large ranch in the area for many years and I hunted it alot. I know the area. I'm just used to having alot more land with the same number of hunters.
                  It is like that everywhere - to get on a lease AND pay the landowner what their lease is fully worth you are going to either have to have plenty of extra cash lying around that you are willing to spend or cram 2 many hunters on it. I can say that if I had a bunch of extra cash laying around to spend on a deer lease it would def be in that area for the reason of whitetail/exotics combo

Comment

My educated guess would be $ 20-22 per acre. Place to crash, water and electric will affect it a bunch.

May try for less memebers and more cash per member. I am on a lease where that is the case and its real nice having just a few of us rather than a group.

My $.02

Comment

Originally posted by Booger74 View Post
                      $25 per acre. That is about right for the area. Is it year round? Exotics?
                      It is year round and there are exotics but I don't know how many and how often. Being on the river I would guess there is a fairly steady population of axis.

Comment

Beautiful area, but that's pretty steep.

Comment

Originally posted by RdRdrFan View Post
                          I've got first rights at a lease just outside of Junction. It is approximately 400 acres with Llano frontage and a small modular building with a couple of bunks that can be used. My problem is that I don't know the lease market in that particular area. Price seems steep. How much per acre?

If you are going to put a number out there please qualify whether you are taking a shot in the dark or of you are actually familiar with lease prices in the Kimble County area. Thanks guys and gals.
                          is this on the south llano, north llano or llano?

Comment

We are in Kerr country less than a mile from Kimble county. 800 acres, 8 hunters, good cabin with water and electricity, good land owner, good deer, with exotics, and turkey. Year round. We are paying $17.50 per acre and it is worth every bit of it and I feel that we are getting a bargain.

-john

Comment

the key to your question here is the amenities , RIVER FRONT, an Exotics. I have a close friend with 4k acres in the areas and there hunts are pretty high.......more than what you are paying for the lease, so for area its about right.

Comment

Working...
                              X