$21 Trillion Debt Mark Just Hit!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
    I'm not complaining so why should I call?

We are going DEEPER into debt because of trump.

He's raised the debt ceiling twice but are you on metal products because of trump, are you crying bloody murder?

I call hypocrisy

Y'all are at Smith & Wollenskey ran up a $210 tab but are quibbling over 68 cents.

Rather than focus on each of the $20 glasses of wine you ordered you focus on the taxes paid on the sweet tea you ordered.

$68 billion is a lot of money to an individual

But divided amongst 355,000,000 people it is nothing.

They keep the sheep focused on the small potatoes while they raid the cabinet of lobster tails

We are going deeper in debt because we are deep in debt. Did you think anyone could fix this in a year? It took your guy 8 years to get us to 20 trillion. You think that gets fixed in one year? No. You don’t, but it’s a great way to blame more on trump.
    That’s stupid and childish, but that’s what you are doing. 68 billion is a lot of money, even to 300,000,000 million people, because only half of those people are paying for it, so it matters. So by your logic, we should do nothing, because it’s all too little? Sure. Again, that’s how we got to this point.
    That bit about hypocrisy...you can keep that and apply it to yourself.

Comment

$210,000,000,000,000 devided by 300,000,000 people is $700,000 a person. Ain't no way that debt is going anywhere anytime soon. I try and stretch my dollars, and i would pay a bit more in taxes to pay it down, but anyone realistically see how to get this to zero?
      Last edited by Rubberdown; 03-17-2018, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubberdown View Post
        $210,000,000,000,000 devided by 300,000,000 people is $700,000 a person. Ain't no way that debt is going anywhere anytime soon. I try and stretch my dollars, and i would pay a bit more in taxes to pay it down, but anyone realistically see how to get this to zero?

1 too many 0 in that first number

- I don’t chase dreams, I HUNT goals

Comment

A good portion of the debt is owed to ourselves through IOUs to social security. Only 6 trillionish is owed to foreign debtholders. State and local governments, and mutual funds own the rest (current and future retirees). I'm only 36, and I've pretty much written off receiving any Social Security for retirement. Realistically this debt will be written off at some point, and there will be no fed sponsored retirement as well as people's private retirements that own treasuries will take a hickey.

Comment

If this was a business it would have collapsed a long time ago.

Just look at the interest we are paying.

The hurricane relief money was all borrowed money.

Record taxes collected year after year!

The whole system is sick. But the American people are not concerned so it’s just not an issue.

Comment

Hell, just getting them to stop adding to it would be a miracle. Passing a balanced budget would be an amazing start.

The real problem is that many voters really don't care. Why? Because it doesn't affect anyone, yet. People still get their medicare, medicaid, social security, education, and our military still is the most funded in the world.

So because voters don't care, politicians don't care, since their mind is only on the prize of staying in office.

How do we fix it? The only way is to convince people that their future is in danger when their present is just fine. That's a hard sell: people like being comfortable.

Comment

Glad to see good ole texansfan is back to his old ways. Like this side of him a lot better

Comment

Originally posted by Samson View Post
                  A good portion of the debt is owed to ourselves through IOUs to social security. Only 6 trillionish is owed to foreign debtholders. State and local governments, and mutual funds own the rest (current and future retirees). I'm only 36, and I've pretty much written off receiving any Social Security for retirement. Realistically this debt will be written off at some point, and there will be no fed sponsored retirement as well as people's private retirements that own treasuries will take a hickey.
                  Time for waaaaay more people to grasp this. Heck, I am willing to forfeit what I have placed in that pyramid scheme over the last 36 years if they would omit me from paying anymore taxes into the system. (I maxed out what I could get from the system over 10 years ago.) At this point no one in any generation is willing to accept the fact that it is a HUGE farce.

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
                    Hell, just getting them to stop adding to it would be a miracle. Passing a balanced budget would be an amazing start.

The real problem is that many voters really don't care. Why? Because it doesn't affect anyone, yet. People still get their medicare, medicaid, social security, education, and our military still is the most funded in the world.

So because voters don't care, politicians don't care, since their mind is only on the prize of staying in office.

How do we fix it? The only way is to convince people that their future is in danger when their present is just fine. That's a hard sell: people like being comfortable.
                    I agree 100%

Comment

Working...
                    X