No announcement yet.

Lawn fertilizer help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kingsville is having a record weed crop this year.
    Only thing that works to remove weeds is a sharp shooter shovel.

I use an iron formula from that grass place in Robstown. My St. Augustine looks like Kentucky Blue Grass! That stuff is amazing compared to Scotts products.

Comment

Originally posted by txbowhunter15 View Post
      I have st Augustine and live in Sachse which is NE of Dallas. From what ive read I need to fertilize with a 15-5-10. Anything specific I can get at home depot or lowes? Thanks
      THere isnt a specific formula for any type of grass. A soil analysis would be the best idea and try to get something in the right range to complement your natural soil makeup.

Comment

I use Easy Grow Premium 2 times per year and then in October I use Easy Grow Winterizer.....Following Randy Lemmon Fertilation schedule....

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
            what is a post emergent spray that won't kill St Augustine?
            Trimec 899 is what I use

Comment

Originally posted by txbowhunter15 View Post
              I have st Augustine and live in Sachse which is NE of Dallas. From what ive read I need to fertilize with a 15-5-10. Anything specific I can get at home depot or lowes? Thanks
              I've always had good luck with the Nitro Phos products....

Nitro-Phos Fertilizers is a Houston based horticultural distributor offering a wide variety of home and commercial use lawn & garden products.

They also have a fertilization schedule on their site.

Comment

most weed and feed wont work until weeds are growing (warm ground) its a broad leaf weed killer.
                broad leaf weed killers actually speed the growth to the point it grows itself to death.

pre-emergent work only if in the ground before the seed germinates. (early)

Comment

Working...
                X