X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone’s kids used a warstic?

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
      Well I ended up buying my son another Combat Vigor like the one he had been using just longer. I also picked him up a Rawlings Velo as well. He hits both bats well. The Velo is a alloy bat and the Vigor is a one piece composite
      I really liked the velo when my boys used one.

Originally posted by jkk831 View Post
      Anyone’s kids used a warstic?
      A few of our kids have the woods ones and love them... I think the logo and markings are sweet

Comment

Is it the hex 2 alloy? I’ve been looking at it and the posey. My 7u son needs to move up to a 27 but is using a 26” cat 7 right now.
        The posey, is a good bat. A couple boys on the team are using it. And a bonus you will scare the crap out of the catcher on well hit ball. The Posey is the loadest bat I have ever heard. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Richardcranium4 View Post
          The posey, is a good bat. A couple boys on the team are using it. And a bonus you will scare the crap out of the catcher on well hit ball. The Posey is the loadest bat I have ever heard. LOL
          Yep, about half our team has one now, both my boys are swinging one. I bet marucci capitalizes and starts making them using their other players bats, mccutchen, pujols...

Comment

Got a couple of poseys on our team as well.. they are loud. I was (incorrectly as it turns out) told that the poseys are basically just cat7's.. One of the parents call marucci and got a a low down because they had issues with theirs (believe it was the knob pin backing out, which ironically is a thing with the Cat6's and 7's as well as it turns out)- saying the Posey has thinner walls than a Cat7..and a couple of other things i didnt understand.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
              Got a couple of poseys on our team as well.. they are loud. I was (incorrectly as it turns out) told that the poseys are basically just cat7's.. One of the parents call marucci and got a a low down because they had issues with theirs (believe it was the knob pin backing out, which ironically is a thing with the Cat6's and 7's as well as it turns out)- saying the Posey has thinner walls than a Cat7..and a couple of other things i didnt understand.
              The reviews I read that were negative said that they dented very easily. Other than that they said they had great pop.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                Yeah, it is made from the same alloy as the cat7 but it definitely sounds different and has a different feel to it. The hex is a different alloy and has more of a cat7 sound and feel.

I watched a 14u kid swinging a ghost the other day and man he was launching balls. I know the kid and he's a top of the order 14u majors kid so it wasn't all the bat, but man that ball was jumping.

Comment

The reviews I read that were negative said that they dented very easily. Other than that they said they had great pop.
                  We've had 1 for a year now, lots of swings on it, and not 1 dent. I would say my son swings has above average swing speed.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                    We've had 1 for a year now, lots of swings on it, and not 1 dent. I would say my son swings has above average swing speed.
                    Good info. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                      Yeah, it is made from the same alloy as the cat7 but it definitely sounds different and has a different feel to it. The hex is a different alloy and has more of a cat7 sound and feel.

I watched a 14u kid swinging a ghost the other day and man he was launching balls. I know the kid and he's a top of the order 14u majors kid so it wasn't all the bat, but man that ball was jumping.
                      That CAT7 is a loud SOB!! We have a year old Hex and I still think the bat is great, just a little too short for my son now 28/18.

A kid on our team has the Ghost and I'd have to agree, there is a lot of pop in that bat. That CF Zen has a lot of pop as well. I've watched one of the kids on our team jack the ball with it and he's not a big kid nor does he swing very hard.

Comment

Ok
                        Good info. Thanks
                        I think where a lot of bat damage happens is in a batting cage. For whatever reason those cheap balls will dent a bat in a hurry. This winter I bought both my boys a $40 rawlings, both were drop 8 and 2 5/8", so heavier and smaller than their normal bats, which I think is good for them to swing every once in a while. But these are the bats we use if we hit off of a machine.

I really think wood is a great training tool, I buy an inch or 2 bigger and a little heavier than their normal game bat, and being 2 1/4" I think it helps a lot with bat control.

My son was in a slump in 2 years ago and I bought him a 30/24 marucci wood bat, he was swinging a 28/18 at the time, and threw those yellow heavy balls to him in the front yard every night and it really helped. It may be just b.s. that it was the bat, but we've used wood/heavy balls ever since.
                        Last edited by jshouse; 02-23-2018, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                          USA Zen is coming out tomorrow but the smallest size is 30”. The best USA bat is the LS Solo. Most stores are already sold out and it’s on backorder until late April. I have dominated the competitors with that bat at demos. My second go to is LS Omaha. It has sold / demoed really well too.
                          Chase has been swinging the Ghost X Hyperlite but I want to get him a 618 Solo. They are sold out everywhere. Can you pull me an executive favor?

Comment

Working...
                          X