Poacher Story's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Double-O-Dave View Post
    We were on vacation one summer in Corpus Christi and I wanted to go fishing on Bob Hall Pier. My cost conscious wife asked if I really needed to buy a fishing license for the few days we were going to be in Corpus. I told her that the money for hunting and fishing licenses went to a good cause, and that I always believed in following fish and game laws.

That evening, I was walking off of the pier after a good afternoon of fishing. A game warden was leaning against his truck parked at the entrance to Bob Hall. He looked me square in the eyes as I said "Good evening, Warden" to him. He nodded and said "have a good night, sir. Please be careful going home." Three guys just behind me didn't get the same treatment. He told all of them that he wanted to look into their coolers, and check their licenses. One of the guys pointed at me and said "What about him? He was fishing next to us and you didn't check him at all!" The Game Warden calmly replied " yeah, cause he's okay, and I don't think you guys are, so let me check your coolers and licenses."

I never complained about paying for a hunting or fishing license before, and I sure don't complain after that incident.

Regards,

Dave
    Now this is cool!

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
      X4

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by texasnavy05 View Post

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

X12

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've known all the game wardens where I fish and duck hunt since I was 4 years old. They don't even check me anymore. The only ticket I could have got was when a big sloppy sow trout spit out a smaller trout in my cooler, but it was mangled when I got checked. We were both pretty shocked to find it.

Comment

Great Story's...

Let's not judge. Just be entertained about others story's. These day's I feel like we all have the same mindset now.

Comment

Last edited by crawdaddct; 09-29-2016, 03:05 PM.

Comment

I tell every lease manager that i'm law enforcement when I get on. I'm not going to play around with poaching. Well I was on this lease about six years ago where the lease manager shot a under 13" buck right outside the camp site with his AR-15. I told him he needed to call the game warden or I would. He got po'ed and loaded the deer in his truck and took off. I called the GW and land owner and told them what happen. He got stopped about ten miles down the road. Never saw him again and all his stuff was gone. I wanted his hunting spot, but the new lease manager jumped on it before I could.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverstang View Post
                  I'm from east Texas so unfortunately no stories, that doesn't happen around these parts.
                  She ha ha ha omg....... Now that's funny!

Comment

Been waiting for the resident poacher to chime in but alas he hasnt.

Comment

Last edited by ON THE EDGE; 11-17-2016, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Not a poacher, but we had a pretty bad problem with people dumping trash in our hunting club because it was down a dirt backroad in east Texas. I pulled up to my gate one afternoon to find trash dumped in the middle of my entrance. You name it, mattresses, shoes, kids toys, clothes, papers, old furniture...sitting right in the entrance to my gate where I couldn't pull my truck in. I was TICKED!! I began digging through the crap trying to find a name or address... Idiot was stupid enough to leave some pay stubs with his name, phone number and address, and employer on it. I immediately called lease manager, and he turned paperwork into the sherrif's office. I was notified the next day that the sherrif/wardens payed him a visit and he was fined a hefty amount and had to go clean it all up! Wish I coulda seen the look on his face when they went knocking on his door.

Man did it sure feel good catching a scumbag! Don't understand people too lazy to throw crap away instead of dumping their crap on some back road. It always crossed my mind afterward though what if he was ticked and wanted to get even with who ratted him out. I Thought I might see him waiting out by my gate one day to confront me but I never did. Guess he learned a lesson!

Comment

When I was in HS, I grew up south of Dallas in a small suburb. My buddy and I would spot light at night and kill all the big ole rabbits we could find. Then skin em and leave them on the front porch of people we knew in town that were,,, a little poor. We'd ding dong ditch.

Comment

This season I was hunting my dripping springs place for the first time all season. I was sitting in my stand and "The General" said he heard an atv heading my way. There shouldn't be anyone on this place so I climbed down in anticipation of the atv. I was standing behind a bush and when they rounded the corner by my stand I stepped out and could see a look of surprise on their face. It was two guys in a rigged out ranger. I confronted them and began talking to them and they told me they were there to fill "the big silver feeder." At this point I am wondering what the heck is going on as this is my place my feeder my setup and no one has been given permission by me to be there. The guy gives me his business card and tells me the project manager has given him permission to be there. (I am hunting 300 acres of the original 1300 acre ranch where 1000 acres is now being developed for homes.) I send them on their way where the General stops them again (they thought he was a game warden) he gave them another ear full a little more "forceful" than when I talked to them. Anyways I ended up talking to the new owner of the development and getting it taken care of and hopefully won't have anymore issues. I know the old project manager won't be an issue again but I'm sure I will have to deal with other trespassers/poachers as long as I still hunt here. Anyways, thought I would share my story.

Comment

Originally posted by crawdaddct View Post
                              I tell every lease manager that i'm law enforcement when I get on. I'm not going to play around with poaching. Well I was on this lease about six years ago where the lease manager shot a under 13" buck right outside the camp site with his AR-15. I told him he needed to call the game warden or I would. He got po'ed and loaded the deer in his truck and took off. I called the GW and land owner and told them what happen. He got stopped about ten miles down the road. Never saw him again and all his stuff was gone. I wanted his hunting spot, but the new lease manager jumped on it before I could.
                              Interesting

Comment

When I was a kid my neighbor used to pay me a quarter for every robin I'd bring him. I never trespassed to get them, but I was breaking a few game laws. As a 10-year-old I didn't know any better, and I had a great time running around with my BB gun shooting them.

Comment

Working...
                                X