No announcement yet.

New Year Workout Accountability 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chest and biceps today along with a little cardio. My right shoulder is acting up so I wasnt able to push things today. Im hoping it is just aggravated and nothing else. I know all of the rotator cuff tests and mine are very strong so I know it isnt that. I think something got pinched last week during this same workout. Ive got a couple of prescription creams I can put on it several times a day. Im going to give it a week or two to see if it will calm down. This shoulder was repaired in 2004. It did this a couple years afterward and my Dr. hit it with a cortisone shot and it has been money ever since.

Comment

Got in a chest and triceps workout this am. A little pressed for time as I fell back asleep by accident after hitting the alarm. I didn't get to go heavy but what I got done felt good.

Comment

Had blood work done this morning, after 5 days off lifting and 7 off supplements. Had to be fasted and that was for blood work at 9:00..... well finally at 11:30 they get me finished so 15 hrs fasted...... which had me in a state that I put gas in my diesel that I've been driving since 04'...... been a day to say the least

Chest and triceps done this evening with 20 cardio. Felt good to blow off some steam

Comment

I missed Monday...

due to my stomach not agreeing with me. All the crap I ate at the Super Bowl party was churning!

Tuesday was a kick butt day though. I've been wanting to find something different for me and the GF to do rather than just plain lift. I found a 10X10 full body workout on FB that came from Men's Fitness and the humanfitproject. 10 sets of 10 reps done in a circuit. Front squat, renegade row, clean and press, pushups, pullups. It was a good workout. Kept it kinda light since I was gonna due 10 sets of each. It felt good to sweat that much again. I haven't sweat like that since having my gall bladder removed.

Today was shoulders and quads with some back. I just wasn't in sync today. Usually its a push/pull but felt the need to hit my delts, quads, and back again. Made a change in grip position for pull ups and it felt great. Incline situps, hanging leg raises, crunches too.

Tomorrow is back to the 10X10. Hang clean, pull ups, goblet squat, dip, dip/leg raise combo.

Comment

Shoulders and Traps today with cardio. My shoulder is really acting up so I scheduled an appt with the Dr. who did the surgery back in 04. Earliest I could get in is next Thurs. We have a common friend so Im working it to try and get in sooner. Im going to try and get done what I can between now and then within reason. It really sucks to have to back off. Ive had 3 shoulder surgeries so Im probably being overly concerned, but it sucks to have one done, especially at the age Im at now.

Comment

Got in a decent leg workout and biceps yesterday. Back shoulders and traps this am. I'm a little sore from yesterday's workout but it's time to start putting more weight on the bar to squat. If I don't do it now I will get lazy and stay in a light weight funk. Pre workout is really helping a lot!
              Last edited by parkchief100; 02-09-2017, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Ill follow along.

I started in the gym back in November. I hired a trainer twice a week for an hour each time. God must have been watching out for me because he paired me up with a new friend. After 3 months im in the best shape of my life. Just got back from my cardio workout and im not even that tired. I used to get home and wonder how i would make it to the next session. Now i cant wait to go back.

I have not been in a gym since leaving the military in 2001. I just didnt have a desire and didnt care. As im getting older i am realizing our health is our biggest asset in life. My wife has always been active and has been going to the gym for years. I paired her up with my trainer and she cant believe the results she is seeing.......only after 3 weeks.

Without my trainer i would have quit. But knowing i had a responsibilty to meet him each time is what kept me going. Once it started getting easier it was easier to go. We did have a setback with me injuring my piriformis muscle. Thats almost healed up and we are circling back to lower back excercises.

Im 38 years old and healthier than was at 30 or even 25. My attitude, self esteeem and overall outlook on life have changed.

A gym membership is probaby the best money you can ever spend.......as long as you use it.

Todays workout, running, medicine ball overhead tnrows, mountain climbers, ropes, incline pushup walk, medici e ball crunches, planks, bicycles, flutter kicks and 15 minutes chasing a basketball because i cant shoot.
                Last edited by Turtlewax; 02-09-2017, 12:01 PM.

Comment

I did it...again

The 10X10 workout. Hang clean, pull ups, goblet squat, dip, dip/leg raise combo. Worked as a circuit. No rest or little rest between sets and about 2 minutes between circuits. I was sucking wind on the 5th circuit. Didn't have time to compete all 10 circuits cuz I had to be at work early, but I knocked out 8 of them.

The hang clean was a little touch and go. I've got some kind of issue. Impingement, over training, I don't know yet.

Haven't decided about tomorrow just yet. Maybe back to traditional lifts. Chest and bi's, hammies and abs.

Saturday will be the 10X10 again with deadlift, clean and press, pull-ups, push-ups, and hip thrusts.

Comment

Back, Triceps and calves today with some cardio. Shoulder is still an issue.

Comment

Just destroyed my back and biceps. Cardio now and enjoying my supplements!!!

All lab work came back 100% normal and as perfect as a 37yo can be. I'll post more in that adventure later. Thanks be to God for a happy ending to that week of uncertainty

Comment

Low Fence,

Glad your tests came back good.

Comment

Joined off and on last year including a 2 month stent that had me drop 25 pounds.

I'm currently on day 6 of a routine and hope it last this time.

Getting married September 9th and would like to be 44 pounds lighter on that date.

Today was chest and tri's.

Comment

So this is where "bro science" trumps "medical science "

Few weeks ago my insurance company sent a lady over to do my blood test for life insurance. I don't know if she worked at Taco Bell part time or had a degree... no clue. All I know is she changed the date and time of test 5+ times. So thinking I had a few hrs before testing I went to get my workout in: took my pre workout, my intra workout and my post workout. While wrapping up cardio I get notified she will be ready in 15 min. So off I go, still itching from pre workout and completely broken from my workout. I tell her everything I'd done and she says "it won't effect test"..... well I was declined until further medical issues were corrected.

Everything was perfect except my liver function test. So I was basically called an alcoholic with signs of liver damage in letter company dr sent me. Now I'm no saint and I very well could have damaged my liver earlier in life.... but I've been tested half a dozen times and never flagged anything. So I think... maybe it's the supplements? I've been tested on them every time with no issue, but never this company... so I research. You can't even finish google search with " liver function test w.... "and workout pops up!!! #1 rule- 8 hr min fasted.... I ate 20 min before test. Rule #2...DONT WORKOUT 48hr MINIMUM before test. 7 days is best since the ast enzyme is released by damaged muscle. Every bro science articl I read basically called their test a fail. So I called my dr that I trust. Stopped supplements 7 days and workouts 5 days.. and fasted. Levels are great as everyone (myself, trainer,dr) expected. Emailed the mic drop to the under writer this afternoon.

Their test:

Ast 89 normal range 0-33
                            ALT 59 normal range 0-45
                            GGT 18 normal range 0-65..... this is the true liver enzyme anyway

My test after healing

Ast 19
                            Alt 31

.... with a sinus infection

Reguardless oftheir decision after facts I will continue workouts as planned and just may not have life insurance. I don't jump through hoops for any company... especially an industry I despise anyway

Comment

Goal by March 5 was to be at 185..... this am I hit 184 from 197

Won't adjust anything yet in the food or cardio areas, as I'm still loosing at a rate that is acceptable to me. Once it stops I will make changes as needed

Comment

Chest, biceps, abs today. Bench press X4 with strip downs as final set, long bar bicep curls X4 (slow on the eccentric), pec deck X4 (slow on the eccentric), preacher curls X4 (slow on the eccentric), reverse grip bench X4, incline dumbbell curls X4 (slow on the eccentric).

Ab roller X3, hanging leg raises X3, decline situps X3. I lost 9 pounds when I had my gall bladder out before Thanksgiving. I'm back up to 225, but I've got that Lady Gaga pooch going on. I need to get my BF checked, but the attendant at the gym didn't know if they used calipers or the handheld meter. Pretty sure I'm around 20%. The goal is 235 and 12%. Problem is my diet I know. Gotta work on that I guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X