Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck today Steve!

Comment

Breeze finally set in NW. The next hour and a half could be good.

Comment

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
        3 Years ago I would have pushed it all the way home. I can’t leave my kiddos without a dad these days.

On the dad note... Steph was at Walmart getting some things yesterday and as they were checking out the lady working asked Adalee, “Are you going trick or treating for Halloween?” She said, “No ma’am, I’m going hunting with my daddy!”

Proud dad moment!

Back on the road, we’ll get in a tree this evening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Real cool amigo.Real cool.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

A bit slow here in hill country this morning

Comment

Just saw a doe and nubbing buck, they picked me off after a few minutes. Wind was blowing straight to them.

Comment

Had this young buck come in to the hand corn @9 then just had a chase going on behind me just now. Polk Co

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Cherokee Co bound. That was painful!

Comment

I’m the gate at Blue Gum. Gonna re-group, check the wind, and make a decision where to hunt here.

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Headed in to the stand that tried to kill me earlier in the season.

Comment

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
                        Headed in to the stand that tried to kill me earlier in the season.
                        Revenge time?

oh look...what is that?

Comment

So the morning before I tried to sky dive out of the stand here Inhad a fantastic hunt. 2 bucks (both P&Y) and 6 does we’re all well within bow range but the canopy was too thick to shoot. The biggest of the two bucks was a main frame 9 with a split brow that’s probably crowding 140”. The wind never got right for me to hunt it again but it’s perfect today.

A half moon looking drain between 2 ridges feeds into a big creek. On top of one of the ridges is a grown up pasture and a 1ac food plot tucked in the corner. On top of the other ridge is a briar thicket that a snake can’t even crawl through. The creek bottom area is probably 350 yards wide and full of various hardwoods including white oaks and overcups. On the other side of the creek bottom is a grown up cow pasture. It serves as about as good of a funnel as younever want to hunt. It looks more like Kansas than East Tx in this bottom. I’m about 3/4 of the way up the ridge in between the bottom and the food plot. NW wind is in my favor and I’m ready to kill something. Does may be in real bad trouble today.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

get em. I'm ready to see some blood

Comment

Good luck!

I prolly looked like a hobo walking in. Didn't want to wear all my clothes for the 400 yard hike.

Set up against a pine thicket over looking a n intersection of 3 trails toward a creek bottom/bedding area

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X