Somerville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somerville

Just wondering who it is I see out there in the black Ford Ranger. I've been out there a few times and drive the grey F-150.

That's me. I have seen you out there a couple times. Do you think anyone killed any ducks Sat. morning. THat was some extreme shooting they were doing.

Comment

haha i figured that it was you from the posts that I have seen you make. That shooting was CRAZY! I've never heard anythink like that in my life. It was cool hearing the huge rafts of ducks flyin over after the 400 shots that occured in the first 10 minutes of legal shooting time. Have you been seein any deer out there recently? I had a little 3 point within 15 yds out there yesterday morning but he was quartering at me and when he finally did present a shot there was a branch in between us. and kept the tree as a sheild as he turned around and walked away.

Comment

I have seen a couple deer. I expect it to pick up here in the next couple weeks. I am not hunting to foar in. I am on call this weekend but I plan on moving farther in. That sounds like the same 3 pointer I seen last week. If I see hi agin he is fresh sausage and jerky.

Comment

ya i second that,sounds tasty. i'm not hunting to far in either. You expect it to pick you in the next couple weeks? i'm not sure what you mean... this is my first year deer hunting on public land so I'm not really sure what to expect. It's been fun so far though. do you go to the right or left when you hunt? i'm always concerned that i'm gonna walk up on ya when if i decide to scout some after I hunt.

Comment

I go accross the the creek straight in to the right 200 yards or so. I am just not seeing the doe out there that I am use to seeing. Just like everywhere else to many acorns. I keep hearing someone along the main creek get busted so I know there are some does moving a bit. I have a set up where I can hopefully catch a cruising buck coming by. So if I don't see alot of deer I don't get discouraged I am waiting on that one good one that I know is there. But those deer get easier to pattern IMOA in Dec.

As for as the scouting I would just wait till after 10 or so. Of cource if there are no trucks there you know you more than lilely have the place to yourself.
            Last edited by WIKI; 11-05-2007, 12:48 PM.

Comment

ya i guess it could be acorns. just curious but how do you know someone got busted? im guessin you hear them snort or something? anyway...hey if you ever need help draggin out a deer or tracking one and you see that i am out there give me a call, i'd be more than glad to lend a hand 281 221 8479. I saw a couple doe out there a couple weeks ago but being a rookie I blew my opportunity. Learning the hard way .

Comment

Originally posted by WIKI View Post
                But those deer get easier to pattern IMOA in Dec.
                Sssshhhh!!!

Comment

Working...
                X