First AR Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First AR Build

Never been an AR guy but decided to get one a couple of weeks ago. After some research and talking to a few guys a decided to go with a pistol build. Palmetto State Armory had a kit on sale with a 10.5” barrel and I went to Primary Arms and got an Anderson lower for 40 bucks. While waiting for the kit to ship I ordered a low profile gas block, a 10” free floating hand guard, and a Bushnell Red Dot to put on top. I built this for less than 400 and will give a report on how it shoots on Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's gonna be a blast! I'd be curious to see what kind of accuracy you get with it. I've got an 8.5" .300 blackout in SBR jail right now due to the shutdown and I'd like to compare.

Comment

Took it out to shoot today and definitely impressed. Might be getting a little better red dot, wish I would of got a 2 moa

Group at 100yds

Comment

That's a nice gun.. I was the same way about ARs.. bought one several years ago because I was afraid they would ban them.. right after one of the school shootings.. stuck it in my safe and never fooled with it until about 3 months ago.. now after changing the upper and putting in a different trigger and a few other small things I'm addicted to it..

Comment

Looks good. What pistol brace is that?

Comment

Well I decided to put a 3-9x40 Sig Sauer Whiskey 3 Scope on the Pistol just to see how it would shoot and definitely pleased, these are 100 yd groups with 55gr monarch ammo. Next time I will shoot some 70+ grain bullets to see what it will do.

Last was a 3 shot group and got nervous so decided to screw up group with another shot. Lol

Comment

Nice. I'm building a .45 Raptor as we speak.

Comment

Heck yea ! I'm building another 6.5 Grendel right now.

Comment

Working...
                X