Which flats wading boots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
    What kind of wax??? inquiring minds want to know! ...and WHERE do you put the wax?

You’re on track Brother.

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
      You can sling it well both ways there Big Boy!

Oops

I’m crying........ that was priceless

Oh, back to your original question..... go with your mall walkers

Comment

Ray-Guard with the Shin Guards - I have never been hit but I have seen the photos of those who have.

Comment

BAM!!!! LOL. This could get good!

Miss ya Randy!

Comment

Rob, you ain't right!!!

Originally posted by doug View Post
            BAM!!!! LOL. This could get good!

Miss ya Randy!
            Yeah, Thanks, Doug! I will be thinking of you pirates! I can picture you patiently jigging from that starboard stern corner, pulling in the biguns!!! I worry that y'all won't have any adult supervision!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
              SAS... or SOS!

[ATTACH]925070[/ATTACH]
              LMAO! Stingrays are gonna run from you! HEck coral and oyster beds will probably break off and move somewhere else when your coming!

Comment

I wear the $49 version from Academy, no socks, no ray guards. They're fine for what you're doing...that's where I normally fish also. Reefs will cut them up after 8-9 trips, but you won't be walking reefs to catch bait, so you should get more mileage.

I wore old tennis shoes for a long time and they are fine too. Cut some holes in the sides for water to drain out.

Comment

We talked about this before Randy. Glen and I recommend this one.
                  Attached Files

Comment

You aren't gonna get out of the boat.

The cheap booties are death for my feet and back. I spent $130.00 on a pair of Simms Flats Sneakers. I wear neoprene booties with them for the gravel guard. Best money I ever spent.

I'd buy a cheap pair of Chuck Taylors or just use an old pair of tennis shoes.

I'd just shuffle to avoid rays. Fly fishing, if you do get out of the boat, you will be moving very slowly, so you just need to watch out for rays. It won't be like wade fishing with gear.
                    Last edited by El General; 09-21-2018, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Thanks for all the recommendations...even you jokesters!

Sure enough, I just spoke with our guide, and he said we will be on the boat pretty much the whole time, and if we do get out, it will be on hard sand in gin clear water, so I guess I will hold off on buying any for now.

On another note, I think I'll go ahead and get some of those SAS Mallwalkers. They look comfortable!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                        Thanks for all the recommendations...even you jokesters!

Sure enough, I just spoke with our guide, and he said we will be on the boat pretty much the whole time, and if we do get out, it will be on hard sand in gin clear water, so I guess I will hold off on buying any for now.

On another note, I think I'll go ahead and get some of those SAS Mallwalkers. They look comfortable!
                        Go ahead and get the steel toe version Randy so's you can plant 'em up some o' these wisearses come Bownanza '19!!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                          Go ahead and get the steel toe version Randy so's you can plant 'em up some o' these wisearses come Bownanza '19!!
                          Good idea, Charlie!

Comment

I'm with the others if you're not going to be doing it regularly don't waste your money. I used to Wade multiple times a week still do it occasionally but nothing like I used to. Never did Ray guards and I use water shoes or sneakers usually. I've only been hit by a ray one time and it was my fault.

Comment

Simms Intruder gets my vote

Comment

Everlast Reef guards is what I use. I wear socks. I also wear waders in the winter that you need to wear boots with so I have a pair of Everlast that are two sizes larger than my shoe size to wear with my waders.

Comment

Working...
                                X