Wild Burros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wild Burros

I know this has been covered to an extent before, but what is everyone's opinion on the removal of feral burros's from West Texas? The Texas Hill Country page on facebook posted something in support of protecting the burros and I had always believed it was best to remove them seeing as how they were an invasive species. What do y'all think?

Kill them and put in the sheep...

Mustangs and Burros are movie and city folks vision of the west... which as you know isn't based on reality.

They are feral and worthless, like a hog that doesn't taste good.

Comment

If they are exotics/non-native species to the environment, and are causing environmental problems, then take 'em out. Doesn't matter if mustangs, burros, feral cats, or pythons (in Everglades). If the tree- and bunny-huggers don't like it, then they need to step up with their checkbook/AMEX card and cover the costs of removal to a refuge or adopt one to keep on their own place.

Comment

Kab

Comment

Originally posted by Hornfan View Post
          Kab
          X2

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
            Kill them and put in the sheep...

Mustangs and Burros are movie and city folks vision of the west... which as you know isn't based on reality.

They are feral and worthless, like a hog that doesn't taste good.
            x2

Comment

Make some authentic BURRITOS!

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                If they are exotics/non-native species to the environment, and are causing environmental problems, then take 'em out. Doesn't matter if mustangs, burros, feral cats, or pythons (in Everglades). If the tree- and bunny-huggers don't like it, then they need to step up with their checkbook/AMEX card and cover the costs of removal to a refuge or adopt one to keep on their own place.
                x2

Comment

Get rid of them

Comment

Trash em

Comment

Non Native, kill it!
                      NOT FOR PEOPLE THOUGH.........LOL
                      Hate to see a bunch of TBH'ers running after me, much rather have a beer with you guys.;-)

Comment

I think a rescue org from CA tried a round up. No luck. They had to be shot. Such a large animal's demand for water and damage to resources, such as springs and trails, in a fairly fragile environment supported the decision to put them down.

Comment

What about culling Aoudads to reduce competition with Desert Bighorns? I think more permitted hunts for Aoudad over time could help reduce numbers and competition, especially if TPWD restocks more Desert Bighorn in the area.

Comment

I want a burrow rug so bad!

Comment

Agreed...... KAB!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X