Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No CHL in Texas???

Originally posted by PSE_TX View Post
    You are 100% correct. But I still believe that people should be educated on carrying a gun just like they should be on driving a car. I think the best solution would be to take a class and at the end of the class you're immediately issued a permit instead of dealing with the state. Because I also agree that the current process is not ideal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I totally agree that people should be educated. However I believe that should be the responsibility of the individual, not the State. If someone carries a gun, and is involved in a shooting that is not within the law, let them deal with the consequences.

I'm all about personal accountability, not forced accountability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Let me get this straight...
      Criminals don't follow laws, so why should we have laws?

Comment

A license to carry is nothing more than a tax on a constitutional right.

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
          I'm not sure what this changes. We already have the right to carry and to defend ourselves, our homestead, our autos, our possessions etc. with or without a CHL. Honestly I do not see much of an advantage for getting my CHL except that I might learn something from a class (which is good).

You do not have the right to carry a weapon on your person in public without a license as it currently stands.

Unless you never leave your house or vehicle, the other options are pretty pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
            You do not have the right to carry a weapon on your person in public without a license as it currently stands.
            Yes you do... it just has to have a stock and a barrel longer than 16"

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
              Freedom isn't very popular these days...

Yep

Comment

You have every right in the World until you let someone else take it away

Comment

Constitutional Carry, yes, more freedom is good.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                    I totally agree that people should be educated. However I believe that should be the responsibility of the individual, not the State. If someone carries a gun, and is involved in a shooting that is not within the law, let them deal with the consequences.

I'm all about personal accountability, not forced accountability.

This I agree with along with constitutional carry! I knew pretty much everything my "instructor" taught in my class including correcting him a few times when he was teaching things wrong. If a person chooses to carry, they should do their own research or take a class to learn the laws. However, they should not be forced to take a state sanctioned class, submit fingerprints, and pay a rediculous fee just to exercise their rights!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

There is also a bill that has been proposed to remove the state fee for CHL but still requiring the class, background check, etc. Constitutional Carry makes more sense, but when have polititions ever needed a bill to make sense.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm all for constitutional carry.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                          Freedom isn't very popular these days...
                          That's how I feel.... the CHL is just taxation on your right to defend yourself and your family

Comment

No CHL in Texas???

I've always felt training courses are great and should be encouraged. However I've also alway felt that the CHL was unconstitutional as hell.

FTR: I've never gotten one for that reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                              I've always felt training courses are great and should be encouraged. However I've also always felt that the CHL was unconstitutional as hell.

FTR: I've never gotten one for that reason.
                              ^^^^^Ditto

I also don't think a biz owner should have to do all that 30.06 and 30.07 mess.
                              Just a simple NO GUNS ALLOWED sign should suffice
                              Just like a simple NO SHIRT, NO SHOES, NO SERVICE sign suffices.
                              I don't care if you carry, just don't do it in MY STORE

If I had a dog and a business had a NO PETS/DOGS sign then I just wouldn't bring my dog there
                              Last edited by texansfan; 01-10-2017, 08:20 PM.

Comment

I'm for constitutional carry. I'm also for property owners rights.

Comment

Working...
                                X