Spring Break knives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spring Break knives

Here's what I was able to do all week before we had to come back to school! Don't think I could make much money doing it, but it sure is fun!! Spent many hours out in the shop working with music blaring...good times!ha

Very nice. Really like the 4th one down.

Comment

Very nice. I especially like the one on the bottom with the yellow and black handle. I don't know why other people don't like Osage handles, but I sure do. It goes well with buffalo horn, too.

Comment

I really like the 4th one and the bottom one.

Comment

Originally posted by SamHarper View Post
          Very nice. I especially like the one on the bottom with the yellow and black handle. I don't know why other people don't like Osage handles, but I sure do. It goes well with buffalo horn, too.
          I love me some Osage, too, but I am not so sure that's what that is. If it is, it's some of the most consistent grain I have seen and would like to find out where to get some.

Good work, Coach!

Comment

Originally posted by akey View Post
            I love me some Osage, too, but I am not so sure that's what that is. If it is, it's some of the most consistent grain I have seen and would like to find out where to get some.

No, I don't think it is either, but it made me think of it.

Comment

It isnt osage...all of the handles are g10 with the exception of the 2nd (California buckeye burl) and 4th (canvas micarta). Thanks!!

Comment

They look pretty good to me. Keep it up and I'll bet you'll be very surprised by the stuff that you turn out in a year or two. I'm not a knife maker, but looking back at some of the furniture I built in the past compared to what I'm turning out now, you can come a long way quickly without realizing it.

Comment

Originally posted by gatorgrizz27 View Post
                  They look pretty good to me. Keep it up and I'll bet you'll be very surprised by the stuff that you turn out in a year or two. I'm not a knife maker, but looking back at some of the furniture I built in the past compared to what I'm turning out now, you can come a long way quickly without realizing it.
                  Thank ya sir! yeah, i've got pics of the ones I started with and my last batch and there's no comparison...but I originally started with a file and hacksaw and now have real knifemaking tools that have GREATLY improved the quality! Still learning with every knife I make!

Comment

Finally got around to finishing these 2!

Comment

Nice work

Comment

Very nice

Comment

Like the sheaths.

Comment

Working...
                          X