Bob Lee and arrow selection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob Lee and arrow selection

I just got my Bob Lee Signature Elite and I love it. It is 60" and 46# @ 28". Riser is bubinga with mappa burl overlay and mappa burl limbs. I was just shooting it with some arrows I had on hand and it seems to like some of the 29" 2016 with 125 grain tips very well. I draw 27.5" and was surprised that a .500 spine would shoot so well for me at this weight.

I assume the fact the Bob Lee is cut 3/16 past center has a lot to do with it. I HAVE NOT paper tuned and I know that is the only way I will know if these arrows will work well for me or not.

Does this sound like I am on the right track shooting the 29" 2016 with 125 grain tips and drawing 45# @ 27.5"? It was been a while since I have worked out a new bow and arrow combination. Thanks.

When I was selecting arrows for my Bob Lee I started out by using the Stu Miller Dynamic Spine Calculator. It is an Excel program you can download off the internet - it is also on Three
    River's website. "Bob Lee recurve" is one of the bows you can select which will automatically load the proper center cut. Some say they have not had great sucess with this program, but it has worked very well for me. With each of my bows, it got me very close as a starting point, then just took a little tweaking. If nothing else, using the calculator will give a clear picture of how all the variables effect spine.
    Last edited by jerp; 01-12-2015, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Thanks Jerp, I did use the Stu Miller calculator. I entered my strike plate as .125 (1/8") since Im using velcro. According to the calculator this combination is very nice and should work. I have had good luck with the calculator also. I just like to bounce my ideas off of people.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Is there anything on this site to learn about fine tuning you bow?

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysinshorts View Post
            Is there anything on this site to learn about fine tuning you bow?
            This is how I tune mine.

Comment

You can also build out the strike plate

Comment

Working...
              X