Trad shooters First Shot Challenge - #1 for 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trad shooters First Shot Challenge - #1 for 2015

Now that deer season is over I need to start mixing more long shots into my practice routine to get ready for 3D tournaments - not to mention that getting comfortable with long shots helps on the short ones. So let's back off to 25 yards and fling one at this simple rifle target.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	target.gif
Views:	1
Size:	6.0 KB
ID:	25042735

I found a link to download a pdf file of the target here.
    http://www.6mmbr.citymaker.com/f/TargetsMediumRange.ZIP

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
      I found a link to download a pdf file of the target here.
      http://www.6mmbr.citymaker.com/f/TargetsMediumRange.ZIP
      Thanks WTK - hopefully somebody will brave the cold by Saturday night and give it a try. At this point any shot will win it!

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
        Thanks WTK - hopefully somebody will brave the cold by Saturday night and give it a try. At this point any shot will win it!
        It won't be me this week! Texas 5o and I are at Chapparal WMA for the archery hunt and won't be home till Sunday! I'll try to get back in next week.

Bisch

Comment

I gave it a try late this afternoon with a 25+ mph crosswind and hit off the paper. Had so many clothes on the string hit my coat. But that's what this is about. Seeing what your first shot would be and I know I wouldn't be comfortable shooting at an animal in those conditions. I will try again when conditions are better

Comment

Hope to try it later. It is 18 here this morning with a windchill of 6.

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
              Hope to try it later. It is 18 here this morning with a windchill of 6.
              Same here, was going to give it a shot this morning but the windchill is at 4 right now so I'll have to pass!! Hoping this cold will bring a few more fresh birds down with it though!

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                It won't be me this week! Texas 5o and I are at Chapparal WMA for the archery hunt and won't be home till Sunday! I'll try to get back in next week.

Bisch
                Good luck! You got a thread going?

It won't me be... 25 yards is beyond the capability of my nearby range

Comment

Not bad for 23 degrees and a 10 knot crosswind
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
                    Not bad for 23 degrees and a 10 knot crosswind
                    .... and 25 yards. That's a dead deer.

Comment

Took a second shot this morning without the wind. You can see my first shot yesterday with the 25+ mph crosswind which is the one that counts for the first shot challenge.

Last edited by WTK; 01-08-2015, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Good shot WTK.

Comment

Good shots WTK and Phillip. Not sure if I'll be able to join in this week. Like Swamp Rabbit, my "nearby" range doesn't go to 25 yards. Good luck on your hunt, Jerry.

Comment

Good shots guys.

I've still got the crud, but I will try to get this done.
                            Don't look like it's going to warm up anytime soon.

Rick

Comment

Proof I need to practice more from further back. Left/right was good but did not have much feel for the distance...

Last edited by jerp; 01-10-2015, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X