Experiment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Experiment

I like to think of myself as an idea guy and if you could ask my friends they'ed tell you i have some woppers.
    Well i thinking the other day of a way to attract deer to my stands when im not there since i dont use feeders and the hand corn is only there when im actually in the stand. I never really have any trouble with deer finding the hand corn same day but thought something being there when im not probably isn't a bad idea.
    Well i came up with this. I had to learn to do something i have never even thought about learning to do. It took 5 attempts and i have no idea if it will even come close to working;-) but its been fun.
    This here is the first in the world....... Deer lickin stick. ( dont steal my idea or name)
    I know what it looks like :-). But i assure you it smells and taste ( but no man would want to taste it very much) better than it looks.
    If i could ever find some time to get into the woods i might be able to see if deer actually like it.

What is it?

Comment

It looks like something you pulled out of a sick seers butt! YIKES!!

J/K!

Let us know how it works!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Fajkus7 View Post
        What is it?
        Well thats top secret for now

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
          It looks like something you pulled out of a sick seers butt! YIKES!!

J/K!

Let us know how it works!

Bisch
          My friends dad has a ranch just out of town and i plan to put one up in the next day or two with a camera on it.
          Ill keep yall posted

Comment

Food on a rope!! Your wife must of mad a bad batch of candy!!

Comment

I worked at one time in a candy factory. I took all the reject hard candy to the lease for the deer! Deer and hogs lived it!

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
                I worked at one time in a candy factory. I took all the reject hard candy to the lease for the deer! Deer and hogs lived it!

It is a hard candy process but i added several different ingredients that i hope deer like. Lots of salt and other flavors.
                But this was all me, my wife dont even know how to make hard candy...... And i didnt either before today

Comment

I made about 5 different kinds of deer licks the last few days.
                  Finally able to get to the lease to test them out. Several flavors, different ingredients to see if they like any of them at all or one over the rest. Only one location with a camera right now but hope to get a camera on another site before the weekend is done.

Comment

Comment

I know they work! Good Luck!!!

Comment

Thanks Grant
                        Looking forward to results. I'm having a good time with it.
                        I have not been in the woods for 3 weeks and this trip i have my little girl with me so
                        All in all its going to be a great weekend regardless of the licks but its going to be interesting to see what they like best

Comment

I made a couple similar to the one with corn once, they lasted about as long as regular corn you did yourself a favor by adding the cord to tie them off, the ones I made, I just threw out still in the foil loaf pans, found them about 200 yds. down the trail.

Comment

Someone use to make something similar. It was like a pop cycle and you stuck the stick in the ground.

If you could find the right formula it might be fantastic and you might get rich.

Sometimes it takes deer a while to get use to something new so don't get discouraged to quick.

Comment

this afternoon was the first time in at least 3 weeks that i have hunted and first time corn has been on the ground as well. Had 3 yearling does come in about dark and could not tell if they were interested in the candy. Looking forward to tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                              X