Martin's 2015 line-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Martin's 2015 line-up

Their traditional bows are awesome looking for next year and they made them at a pretty good price. I was looking at take-downs, something I wouldn't feel too bad abusing as a travel bow and they have some good candidates. The Locust is what I'm leaning towards.

http://www.martinarchery.com/

Or a Jaguar Elite.

Comment

I like'em

Comment

Nice to see them continue the line. I like the new Cambridge longbow - looks like a longer version of the Savannah (which is a great idea since the Savannah stacks so bad past 30") - but the website doesn't say how long it is!

Guess the "quill" is their youth longbow? At 54", a person would have to have a 25" draw length to use that one. Looks nice though.

Comment

I love the fact that Martin is still producing good quality hunting recurves. I just wish they would get off the straight (non deflex) risers and offer a few models with more deflex for us long draw guys. Those straight risers - even reflexed in the case of their metal takedowns - look cool and generate more speed for those who can use them, but they make these bows all but useless if you draw beyond 29-30"

Comment

I really like the look of the new EYE 25.

To bad it don't come in a 21" riser for an OAL of 64".

I am really happy to see Martin breaking into the ILF market.

Rick

Comment

Rick, is that eye25 really an ILF bow? Take a closer look at the limbs. No forks, and where is that dovetail fitting into?

Comment

Originally posted by Limbwalker View Post
                Rick, is that eye25 really an ILF bow? Take a closer look at the limbs. No forks, and where is that dovetail fitting into?
                I noticed this as well. It would be impossible to slide the bushings into ILF dovetails, so the bushings don't seem to come into play. Some other system be employed to ensure limb alignment. The Eye 25" looks interesting, but that limb pocket looks vexing! On the Jaguar Pro, also stated to use ILF limbs, one pic shows limbs that have the opening for the limb bolt but the other pic shows the closed bolt hole "ILF" limb.

On a separate, but related note regarding the Martin Takedown lineup; I'm not so sure that I would have used the following copy to sell a bowfishing bow:

"OUR SHORTER LIMBS DESIGNED FOR BOWFISHING PROVIDE THE QUICK STACKING REQUIRED FOR BOWFISHING SUCCESS."

I am new to recurve archery, but I was under the impression that stacking was bad feature. Again, maybe it really is a great feature for bowfishing.

And to add to my dismay about this apparently hasty roll out, I noticed the unusual installment of the flipper rest on the Alder bows! Not exactly a confidence booster regarding basic bow set-up.

I just hope they work on the Panther for 2016. It looks like its the only metal takedown that doesn't have a radiused shelf, which would give shooters more options.

And no, I'm not a Martin hater. I have a Martin Panther, and really like it. Could it use some refinement? Sure, but it is a capable bow despite what critics cite as shortcomings in design and execution. And I really hope these discussions make their way back to Martin, because with a little refinement, they would have a really nice stable of takedown bows.

cricman

Comment

Originally posted by Limbwalker View Post
                  Both Pro series bows & the EYE25 are listed as ILF.
                  I do however see what you are talking about with no notch in the limb butts,
                  although the butt profile/rocker & fittings look correct.

I wonder if the pictures display the bows correctly, or if Martin just kinda used generic images for their display.

I still really like the overall geometry of the EYE25. It just looks like it would be a great shooter.

Rick

Comment

This makes me believe Marin has farmed out their metal take-downs to China, as these are typical mistakes I see from the Chinese archery manufacturers. Poor grammer, illogical explanations, and photos that give away issues I guess they either don't catch, or don't think we'll see.

Most unfortunate.

Comment

All Martin bows are made up in Walla Walla, Wa. They're pretty proud of that, I think it's just that they used computer generated images. You can find a video on YouTube that is from one of the archery shows and they show off the new line. They all look slightly different.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracker0721 View Post
                        I think it's just that they used computer generated images.
                        This is what I think also.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Tracker0721 View Post
                          All Martin bows are made up in Walla Walla, Wa. They're pretty proud of that, I think it's just that they used computer generated images. You can find a video on YouTube that is from one of the archery shows and they show off the new line. They all look slightly different.
                          I'd be stunned to discover their metal risers were made in Walla Walla, but I hope you're right.

Comment

My Jaguar(first model) has a metal riser with made in USA stamped on it. Just saying, Martin is a pretty good company.

Comment

nice bows

Comment

Working...
                              X