Another Great Day at the Hilton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Great Day at the Hilton

Arrived at the Hilton about 6:15am greated by the Dilla Killa Daisy. Gary and I headed out to our stands just about 6:45am as we started to see it getting light. Up the ladder, hook up and locked in, pulled up my gear, knocked a arrow and sat back and waited peacefully. The woods were so peaceful and the skeeter's decided to begin their feast regardless of the blazing Thermocell. well we had been away for about two weeks with Bownanza and work duties so we missed the time change on all the feeders so they didn't go off until 8am. I suppose that was a good thing because as soon as the feeder went off a very nice Calico boar heard the breakfast bell go off entering from my right on a string proceeding to feast on the golden nuggets facing away from me. Well I stand, do my visual checks of the arrow, peep, release and also listening for any late arrivals. Well this piggy would not turn broadside so after 10 minutes I decided he was quartering away enough so I drew, settled the pin just behind the ribs on the left side, aiming for the hopeful exit at the front right shoulder, squeezed and thwack! Dead pig a running with the green nocturnal barley showing. He circled back around my stand then crashed 30yds to where he came out. I knocked another arrow, hung the bow and waited 30 minutes to see if another piggy would show and to make sure Mr. Giggles had expired. It started to sprinkle and with high chances of rain I didn't want to take the chance of possibly loosing any blood trail if needed. Lowered my gear, unhooked and climbed down, secured the pistol and proceeded to find and put my hands on Mr. Giggles. Enjoy the pics.
    Last edited by BenBen; 01-07-2014, 01:38 PM.

Please excuse the numerous spelling errors. Not a good day to spell for me. HA!

Comment

Nice one!

Comment

Way to go Ben!You're slayin' them out there at the Hilton!!

Now you need to kill a few skunks!!!

DJ

Comment

Doug,
          That's funny. I'll leave that to Daisy and Gary.

Comment

Congrats

Comment

A daed ipg si a dogo gip!!! WTG.

Comment

Sweet pig Ben.

Doug don't think that is the same as a dill hunt at Garys.

Will be back next weekend for the honeydos.

Comment

congrats

Comment

Originally posted by BirdRanger View Post
                    Sweet pig Ben.

Doug don't think that is the same as a dill hunt at Garys.

Will be back next weekend for the honeydos.
                    Daisy,Garys Jack Russell managed to get sprayed by a skunk,UNDER tHE HOUSE!!Needless to say the Hilton needed airing out.

DJ

Comment

That's the second time in 3 weeks she's been sprayed. The 1st was under the mule barn. Figure she would have learned from that but I guess a dog will be a dog. I'm sure she was enjoying the kennel ride back to Austin today.

Comment

Originally posted by BenBen View Post
                        Please excuse the numerous spelling errors. Not a good day to spell for me. HA!
                        Congrats! This is a bow hunting sight not a spelling bee sight.

Comment

congrats man, nice hog!

Comment

Yep sounds like daisy is moving towards tougher game than drills and still has not figured out the back end is dangerously smelly.

Comment

Congrats, looks like you had a great time!

Comment

Working...
                              X