X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the advice yall

Comment

Originally posted by bowmania View Post
      Go to the COE office behind Whitney dam and get a permit, map of corps land, and rules. The permit is free, but you must have one to hunt the land. It's a lot of work to scout and find a place to hunt. The rules are pretty restrictive, but it's free hunting. Good luck.
      thanks for the advice

Comment

Originally posted by homegrown View Post
        I thought you got grounded TO! LOL. Deer seem to be movin early. Already seen 6 does but out of range.

HG

hey TO can we submit more than one entry for the contest? Just a thought.
        I am grounded. Lol and yes. The more the better.

Comment

I feel for you fellers that sat in trees this evening .

And yes, you need to bend at the waist. It keeps your shoulders and arms in proper form. If you don't bend, then what happens is you drop your arm that holds your bow and your form is off. Notice how your shoulders and arms are when you shoot standing on the ground. Every thing is in a horizontal plain. By bending at the waist, you are compensating for not being on the ground, but still keeping your arms and shoulders in good form.
          Last edited by Texas Grown; 10-07-2011, 08:38 PM.

Comment

I saw a total of 13 deer this afternoon from 4 ish to dark. Was surprised to see so much movement with the wind howling like it is. Just couldn't close the deal tonite. Maybe mañana.

HG

Comment

HG, I need to come set just out of range from you. Then maybe we will both get lucky.

Comment

Well i thought this was gonna be a good morning. I saw a lot of deer coming in and could see them moving around while I was in my tree. Then about 6:50 roles around and some guy walked right by me, walked about 50yds right behindme and set up a pop up...it's 725 and he is still makin noise.

Buckdaddy where you huntin this morning?

Comment

[QUOTE=team obsession;4327450]Well i thought this was gonna be a good morning. I saw a lot of deer coming in and could see them moving around while I was in my tree. Then about 6:50 roles around and some guy walked right by me, walked about 50yds right behindme and set up a pop up...it's 725 and he is still makin noise.

Buckdaddy where you huntin this morning?[/QUOTE

I hate when that happens. I haven't seen a deer since I killed the Doe the orher day, so it looks like I'm changing spots this afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by team obsession View Post
                    Well i thought this was gonna be a good morning. I saw a lot of deer coming in and could see them moving around while I was in my tree. Then about 6:50 roles around and some guy walked right by me, walked about 50yds right behindme and set up a pop up...it's 725 and he is still makin noise.

Buckdaddy where you huntin this morning?
                    Welcome to my world..... Opening morning starting about 8 a.m. I had three different people walk by my stand and one guy was just walking around shooting cactus with his recurve. I was thinking about moving spots, but everywhere I've looked either has had a stand already in the area or I saw something that told me someone was already hunting there. Guess I should have done a little more scouting....

Comment

Wind is whipping through the tree tops. Gad a squirrel run through the trees all around me. He eyed me up like he was going to make a jump to it, but then did not. Pretty quiet. Hopefully the deer start moving soon.

Comment

I hope they do start moving, my buts killing me. Been setting in this hang on for 10 hours a day for 8 days now and only killed 1 doe. I need a climber with a soft seat!

Comment

Didn't go to my regular spot. Went to one of my old spots for the morning hunt. Doubt I will see anything til this evening.

Comment

I tried to go back to old set ups but all my old set ups are being hunted...go figure.

Comment

Sittin in the tree saw one doe about 7:30 and stumbled across a beading area as I was coming in this morning

Comment

Three tree rats that all I got coming into eat my corn.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X