Rainier Wedge 180gr 300blk bullet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rainier Wedge 180gr 300blk bullet

Wanted to see if anyone else has tried these? I've been using them for a while and so far so good but hear some are shooting like shotguns when loaded. I ordered a 308 sizing die to maybe get a bit more uniform sizes to see what that does in my 308 and 300blk. Seems like a great little plinker for $.11 each. Goal is to load em in 308 for subsonic pig repellent while deer hunting and just 300 BLK out fun and it's been great for that so far.

Just wondering also what others may have loaded em at either 308 or 300blk. May eventually do 30-30 if I get one to.

Scott
    Last edited by scott.str; 12-04-2018, 07:25 AM.

Bump

Comment

Well got some loaded up for the 308 to test this weekend. Will let everyone know how they do.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Comment

Thats a crazy looking round for a rifle. Is it a modified hollow point pistol bullet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It's a bullet designed for the 300blk out for cheap subsonic round. I resized them to .308 as they usually run bigger. They are copper washed lead basically.

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
          Thats a crazy looking round for a rifle. Is it a modified hollow point pistol bullet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by scott.str View Post
            It's a bullet designed for the 300blk out for cheap subsonic round. I resized them to .308 as they usually run bigger. They are copper washed lead basically.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/10...d-hollow-point

What do you mean you resized them for 308?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

The come about .311 since they are cast lead and plated. No real big deal about shooting them. The barrel will form them and actually helps with accuracy just sometimes hard to get good seating depths consistent so I resize them to be consistent 308 for easier loading. Will see how it does may have to try .309 next or not at all

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
              What do you mean you resized them for 308?

Comment

The come about .311 since they are cast lead and plated. No real big deal about shooting them. The barrel will form them and actually helps with accuracy just sometimes hard to get good seating depths consistent so I resize them to be consistent 308 for easier loading. Will see how it does may have to try .309 next or not at all

Are they designed for use in AK rounds?

Comment

More 300blk out. I guess you could use em in an AK but would be a bit heavy. Since they are copper washed lead they deform easy in barrel so being a bit big isn't an issue in a 308. I just do it to uniform it and make it easier to load. My 300blk out I just load at the size they are and get great accuracy at 100 at about 950-1000fps

Are they designed for use in AK rounds?

Comment

More 300blk out. I guess you could use em in an AK but would be a bit heavy. Since they are copper washed lead they deform easy in barrel so being a bit big isn't an issue in a 308. I just do it to uniform it and make it easier to load. My 300blk out I just load at the size they are and get great accuracy at 100 at about 950-1000fps

What I meant by that was aren’t AK bullets typically .311 diameter?

Comment

Yes sir. These may be .310 just not a true .308 diameter. They are cheap though so hopefully work well

What I meant by that was aren’t AK bullets typically .311 diameter?

Comment

Working...
                      X