Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hunter killed on 4-wheeler accident near Camp Wood...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunter killed on 4-wheeler accident near Camp Wood...

My brother and another neighbor who is a physician worked on him, but couldn't save him. It took them 2 hours just to drive the body down to the coroner's vehicle this morning in a Polaris Ranger. I own a honda rancher, and ride it regularly for ranch duties, but I do not jack around with it. If you are going to take one into rough country, I implore you to wear a helmet. Our kids were never allowed to ride without a helmet, and any unsafe operation got them suspended from riding for a while. They roll much easier than you think, and going up or side hill in rocky country is edgy. You owe it to yourself and your family to come home safe every day, so take care to see that it happens.

Dang, prayers up for his family.

Comment

Sorry to hear. Prayers for his family. That is tragic.

When I worked in Montana on some huge cattle ranches, nobody wore or owned helmets. I regularly had to chase down groups of calves on very rough terrain. It did occur to me how dangerous it was to zoom across that eroded land in such a way and to not be wearing a helmet. Your body would really ache badly at the end of the day from being jarred so hard. Thankfully never got hurt.
      Last edited by Worksalot; 12-02-2018, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Shame. prayers out to family and friends.

BP

Comment

Sad to hear this. A teammate on my sons football team rolled one during the Summer and had to be helicoptered to the hospital. Seriously injured his right arm and almost lost it.

Comment

Prayers up for his family this morning.

Comment

So was it a 4 wheeler or a side x side?

Comment

Sad deal

Comment

I ended up under a rancher 350 one night. I blacked out for the roll and came to with the skid plate on my face. If i had been alone no telling how long I'd been there

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Just got some more details. The guy left their camp at about 3:30pm with 2 bags of corn on the back of his 4-wheeler. Other members of his party came and got my brother to help them search for him last night. When they found him, the 4-wheeler looked like it had been in a cement mixer. the handle bars were all twisted up, and the guy had his T-shirt and a necklace tight around his neck and his face was blue. They pushed the vehicle out of the way and cut the chain and T-shirt off so they could check for a pulse. My brother couldn't get one but they did CPR for over an hour until ems showed up, hooked up an EKG and declared him dead. My brother activated his epirb when they found him, and Air Force rescue called immediately. He gave them his approximate position, and they sent life flight. The helicopter never found them, though they saw it circling. Get this, they had a strobe, were giving directions to the pilot, and were shining flashlights at the helicopter to no avail. I don't know if it had anything to do with what happened, but my brother said that the guys that came and got him were pretty lubricated, and there was a beer can near the 4-wheeler, so the guy may have been riding one-handed with a beer in the other hand when all this took place. Just a sad, sad event.
                    Last edited by ultrastealth; 12-02-2018, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Sad deal, my buddy’s neighbor passed from a four wheeler accident. He was showing off and rolled it over the top of him and just like that he was dead.

Comment

Very sad! Prayers for the family..

Comment

I’ve rolled one over on me, and thankfully was not seriously injured. Prayers up for family and friends!!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I heard about this a little bit ago. I do not know the guy, or any details, but I hunt that place yearly and have for the last 10+ years. Its very remote and some very rugid terrain with lots of potential to flip or roll a 4wheeler. Prayers up for his family. Its a terrible deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Happened to my friends brother, on a duck lease in Ar. New land, tall grass in the road, and he's hauling butt. There was a wire cable strung across, and he didn't see it.
                              Not much protection, when things go south.

Comment

Working...
                              X