Scoring FEEDBACK Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scoring FEEDBACK Needed

For the Archery Festival we are considering using ALL scoring rings for the 3D shoot (14-12-11-10-8-5-0 ) to help eliminate ties.

Please give input so we can finalize the details for the flyers.
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR INPUT

Question : Do you feel this is an Advantage for the average Joe that just shoots at the middle of the target and catches 12's? Over a top shooter that shoots at 12's and misses them?

Would center 12 only be more popular scoring method?

Would scoring High and Low 12's be more popular scoring method?
    Last edited by huntinpool; 02-28-2012, 09:41 PM.

center

Comment

All for higher scores for everyone

Comment

I vote for all.

Comment

I think if I hit the target I should get maxium points everyone else should use the above scoring system

Comment

Darlene and I vote for ALL

Comment

Depends on how serious the event is? If it is meant mostly for FUN, then score all. If it is a high stakes event, then only use one 12 ring. It doesn't matter what yall decide, we will all come and have a good time! Thanks in advance for putting something like this together, I appreciate all the hard work that goes into putting on an archery event!

Comment

I say all scoring!!!!! It will give the average guy a chance.

Comment

all, just to change things up.

Comment

Not all rings...

I would rather see it centers only or ASA rules. Not all scoring rings.

Comment

It is better payout than any shoot on the state level but it is designed as a FUN event for the WHOLE FAMILY. With the format we are planning , I think a kid is going to be the winner over a open class shooter in the finals. The smile will be worth every penny.
                      I CAN"T WAIT

Comment

Thanks for all the input. Although this is not a TRAD only shoot, it will have mens/Womens Recurve and Longbow classes. This is designed to be a FUN shoot with cash payouts not seen before on the local level. It will pit kids/women and men against each other in a Percentage based shootdown to level the playing field . It should be very exciting since a Youth -Female - Mens Hunter /Trad- and Mens open shooter will each make the final 4. Thanks again for the input. It has been decided that we will use the 14-12-11-10-8-5-0 scoring . the Miday games will be lots of Fun as well . Official flyer coming soon. I hope everyone can come out and Celebrate 50 years of COWTOWN BOWMEN with us.

Comment

Working...
                        X