No announcement yet.

The Long John Silvers Paradox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LJS has a record turn out in Texas today, I can see that in the headlines.

Comment

I know this craving very well... and like most of you I can fight it 99/100 times... then the root beer and Crack they put in the batter get me

Comment

****it....Now I want that for lunch.

Comment

Am i the only one who likes the clams ? You can keep that nasty fish but the clams and puppies are my weakness

Comment

I used to be that way... especially about the chicken and hushpuppies. That was back in high school in the 90s. Then I went off to college, discovered Golden Fried Chicken Tenders and never looked back

Comment

Originally posted by fox1 View Post
              Am i the only one who likes the clams ? You can keep that nasty fish but the clams and puppies are my weakness
              Yea I like the clams.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                Be sure to ask for extra crunchies!
                yes sir! mmmmm

Comment

Long John's is a once in a lifetime thing for me. Literally !

Comment

My buddy and I have always had the same cravings. It used to be once a month one or the other of us would call and say "ready for a colon cleaning?"

But I have given it up mostly. It's not worth the ruined afternoon

Those were the good ole days

Comment

You better have long johns on or you gonna get it everywhere before you get home!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                        Yes yes and more yes... but like Full Draw its about 1 or 2 time a year. I try to ignore it, but it simply won't go away until its been satisfied.

I'm convinced that the filmy substance that coats your mouth is time release crack... that slowly absorbs in your body. Once it has finally left, your body requires another dosing...
                        Me Too

Comment

You might as well go to the houston ship channel and throw a cast net and pull in some mullet and throw it in the skillet and eat that.

Comment

I love Long Johns. Was my favorite place to eat as a kid. Don't go as much as I used to but still go occasionally.

Comment

I did when I was younger. One look at the nutritional info was enough for me to end those trips.

Comment

Originally posted by N.DaWoods View Post
                                ........Then even before leaving the establishment ill start to feel it......the belly ache, the starchy film in my mouth, and risky ride home before a bout of almost certain diarrhea. The easy fix is to not eat there again ever. Right?

But every 4 or 5 months will pass and I find myself doing it all over again. Is this just me? Does anyone else understand this paradox?
                                How do you read my thoughts? That is 100% accurate....down to the greasy film in your mouth!lol

Originally posted by hardtner View Post
                                My buddy and I have always had the same cravings. It used to be once a month one or the other of us would call and say "ready for a colon cleaning?"

But I have given it up mostly. It's not worth the ruined afternoon

Those were the good ole days
                                Hmmm.....I can't imagine who your buddy would be Andrew? You know the pics of that fish has sort of got my mouth watering. What does your afternoon look like? Do you have time to take off the rest of the day after lunch?

Comment

Working...
                                X