the Best Utv tie down system ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the Best Utv tie down system ?

what do the folks on the green screen think is the Best utv tie down system ?.......gotta be something out there better then straps.....?

Chain and boom

Comment

Straps are fine if you get good ones. They are not cheap, but cheaper than chains and boomers.

Comment

Straps ran to the frame are just fine. Get the heavier duty 2” straps rather than the cheap 1” straps. Straps from harbor freight work just fine. Have never had one break or fray on me after 3 years of use.

Comment

I use chains and lever binders.

Comment

System is not cheap but is strong. I have them on my trailer. Mighty Tite.

Comment

Fastrap

Fastrap

You don't have to worry about your suspension compressing and ratchet straps coming loose and falling off on rough roads.

Comment

Originally posted by reddogdan View Post
                System is not cheap but is strong. I have them on my trailer. Mighty Tite.
                I like that! Are you strapping just the rear or front and rear?

Comment

Chains and load binders here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

nothing wrong with quality ratchet straps. in addition to the corners, add one going side to side across on top of the floor board and hooked low on the trailer.

Comment

IF you have a winch on the front, just hook it to the trailer rail and winch until it pulls tension. Then, IF your UTV has a receiver hitch on the back, most do...a heavy duty strap across the ball and again...put enough tension on it to slightly compress the shocks.

I've used this with MANY tow miles over rough roads, etc. and always works great. Of course if you don't have a front winch...?

Comment

One through the front bumper and one on the ball.

Comment

4 straps hooked in each hole in the frame under the seat. It's rigid and not on the suspension

The winch deal never seemed like a good idea.

Comment

Look up the Shock Straps. Been using them since they first came out and never have to even re-tighten one. Ratchet down and go!!

Comment

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
                              I like that! Are you strapping just the rear or front and rear?
                              There are no straps! Just ride up, front tires into cradle rack, set the chain into the tow bar adapter and step on the lever it's locked. Takes about 20 seconds.

Comment

Working...
                              X