No announcement yet.

Deer Processing Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those do it yourself ers out there. I would recommend Allied Kenco in Houston.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
      If anyone is near Belleville meat market buy a stick of jalapeƱo and cheese summer sausage. You're welcome
      Dam you..... thats some gooood chit

I was really disappointed when I couldn't find their sausage in HEB anymore

Comment

Old Town Meat Market in Lewisville. I've taken every deer I've ever shot up there. Their quality is great and you get YOUR deer. I suggest having a few pounds of the JalapeƱo Cheese Salami made up.

Comment

If I am still in Dallas, I will go to Hirschs in Plano. They dont do pigs, so those will go to Kubys.

Wont go to Matador as they seem very overpriced for what you get. Sausage was ok flavor wise but very gritty on the grind.

In Austin, Smokey Denmark is the place for me.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by tlm23 View Post
            B&K in Bronte. Standard fee was $100, got in back the next week. Good people there, Brian is a class act.
            x2

Comment

Originally posted by ldgary View Post
              How about East Texas? Who does processing here?
              I use Joe at Backwoods Processing he is in Panola County by Mt. Enterprise.
              Luckily his property and ours back up to each other at the lease...

903/746/6161
              Joe Innarety
              Tell him Nathan sent you...

Comment

Maybe make this a spreadsheet in google docs?

Comment

Cold storage?

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
                  Since we are coming upon that great time of year I thought it might be wise to start a thread with info regarding deer processing. It should include location, general pricing if possible, how fast they get your deer/hog ready, that kind of thing. Because this can be very useful information I wonder if it could be made into a sticky. If there is a processor to be wary of, post that information up as well. I realize that we may have differing opinions on some businesses so we're just gonna have to take all of this with a grain of salt.

For the past 10 years or so I've used Whaley's Processing on the south side of Hamilton on Highway 281. He is good, you get your deer back and the prices generally run about $90+ depending on your order. His sausage is very good also. Because I also hunt in Hunt County I'm looking for a good reasonable processor around Rockwall or Terrell or Forney.

Let's hear your recommendations.
                  Does Whaley's Processing offer cold storage for a fee?

Comment

I do mine myself....I will take a couple of deer to Bellville for the Chipotle sausage. Some of the best I have ever had. The summer sausage is great also

Comment

Originally posted by Big Al View Post
                      Does Whaley's Processing offer cold storage for a fee?
                      The short answer is they probably do. I've never asked about that, whenever I took a deer there it was to butcher so I'm not sure. My recommendation is to call them in advance and ask if they offer it. I know Hibler's in San Saba does but they charge something like $20 (not cheap).

Comment

Originally posted by denimdeerslayer View Post
                        Maybe make this a spreadsheet in google docs?
                        If enough people post up good useable information on this thread perhaps we could talk the mods into making it into a sticky. Having a good processor at your disposal is very valuable in my opinion.

Comment

Gormans in Terrell.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                            I hear there is a really good place in old Katy, Mid something? Anyone know of the place I am thinking of?
                            Stay away from Midway, they suck!

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
                              The short answer is they probably do. I've never asked about that, whenever I took a deer there it was to butcher so I'm not sure. My recommendation is to call them in advance and ask if they offer it. I know Hibler's in San Saba does but they charge something like $20 (not cheap).
                              That is expensive but maybe worth it.

Comment

Just got of the phone with Shannon's in Goldthwaite. $95.00 for Basic processing.

Comment

Working...
                                X