Cedar waxwings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cedar waxwings

These landed in my neighbor's tree and they were far away. This is straight OOC, no crop. Can you count how many there are. I know they eat berries so I have no clue what food has the hanging around.

Click image for larger version

Name:	cedarwaxwing-2 (Large).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	25046682

I count 6. Great pic

Comment

7. Pretty birds!

Comment

Yep missed the seventh

Comment

Originally posted by shadro View Post
          7. Pretty birds!
          Good eye!

Comment

Bill, sometimes I think we shoot the same birds. LOL. Your CW's are perched in a tree that could easily be the trees in my back yard. ha, ha. When I get them through my yard, they are feeding on the buds of my Ash trees.

Comment

Pretty shot.

Comment

They love those red berries on the ??? bushes. They are headed north in a hurry.
                Sat at my daughters last last night and didn't see any. The day before there were hundreds and I was working.

Comment

"The Cedar Waxwing's primary diet consists of berries, flower petals and insects. During the Summer they dine on elm leaf beetles, weevils, carpenter ants, sawfly larvae, flies, cicadas, scale insects, and caterpillars. Ripe berries provide food in the Fall and Winter."

Comment

Nice shot. Cool looking birds.

Comment

Thanks everyone.

Originally posted by Limbwalker View Post
                      Bill, sometimes I think we shoot the same birds. LOL. Your CW's are perched in a tree that could easily be the trees in my back yard. ha, ha. When I get them through my yard, they are feeding on the buds of my Ash trees.
                      Post Oak Savannah is a big region.
                      Originally posted by Bluesman View Post
                      They love those red berries on the ??? bushes. They are headed north in a hurry.
                      Sat at my daughters last last night and didn't see any. The day before there were hundreds and I was working.
                      Mr. Bailey I would like more shots at them. Never seen one where I knew what it was.

Comment

Working...
                      X